Goodbye to JWD ... hello to JWN !

by Simon 179 Replies latest forum announcements

• poppers
    poppers

This will be welcomed by many, including me. Thank you Simon.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Checking it out on my Mac with Firefox now. Looks good. Love the interface, you can see it's the same software as here, but further developed.

Can I ask what the symbols next to the avatars are for? Looks to me like each poster has their own.

• undercover
    undercover

Good job...

Thanks Simon.

A question...what are those designs beside the avatars?

• Simon
    Simon

I'm still working on caching and other optimisations which is why you may have seen another login name.

There are no PMs or profile pages yet though - I will only put those up when I know the caching is correct.

• Simon
    Simon

The symbols next to the names are 'identicons' and are based on the IP Address of the poster.

Basically, they are like the IP Hashes on this site and allow you to visually see:

If several posters are posting from the same IP Address (typical troll behavior with multiple accounts)

or

If the same person is posting with a different IP Address each time (which could mean they are going through anonymising proxies)

Because they are visual, they are quicker to see and recognise than the text strings. Also, it helps recognise who is speaking in a topic (for those without profile images)

More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identicon

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Looks nice! I will browse.

BTS

• Simon
    Simon

The aim will be to get all the features of the current site implemented by the end of this year and I'll then set this site up to redirect to the new version going into the new year (or leave it as-is with posting disabled and some explanation and link to the new site on each page)

• poppers
    poppers

Looks like Christmas has arrived early!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

It retains a lot of the "feel" of JWD. I like this. What new features do you think will become available Simon?

BTS

• Honesty
    Honesty

God Bless You, Simon.

There are thousands of active JW's who have recently begun to doubt that the WTBTS is really God's channel of communication and this site is helping many of them break free from the cahins of darkness they are bound in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit