I just DA'ed myself

by disneycuty 30 Replies latest jw friends

• disneycuty
    disneycuty

Hello Everyone,

I just sent Disassociated letter to my congregation after spending 26 years of my life as a Jehovah's Witness. I am a newbie to this chat forum and I am happy to be part of this forum. Let me tell you a little background about myself. I was raised as a Jehovah's Witness. My mom was a JW's. But she left too, but she never DAed herself. After 26 years of the Wt Society changing things. I got FED UP with the so-called "faithful and discreet slave." A Jw's "sister" out of the blue told me that if I was not a Jw's than she would not associate with me, and I never had anyone personally tell me this. I know THEY believe in "bad association." as in any Non-member of their Cult. That statement she made really affected me and opened my eyes to the lies that I have been told all of my life. To make a long story short, I have finally found my Lord and Savior and relay on him and only and now I feel free now :)

I look forward to meeting all of you on line,

May God Bless you, :)

• ballistic
    ballistic

Congratulations, I hope you will find your path to recovery easier than I!

I certainly feel that if I had found people and facts and an outlet at the start, it would have been easier.

I actually wanted to return for 2 years. What scripture does that remind you of?

• Farkel
    Farkel

Sounds great!

But,

: To make a long story short, I have finally found my Lord and Savior and relay on him and only and now I feel free now

Uh, oh!

Farkel

"I didn't mean what I meant."

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Ballistic, to be sure you didn't want to be a dog returning to his vomit.

Welcome Disneycuty, I hope you find the forum to your liking.

Lilacs

"I don't want someone in my life I can live with, I want someone in my life I can't live without."

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

Welcome to the board! While you're in good company in realizing the WTS dishonest history and false prophesying, be prepared to be challenged, challenged and challenged again on virtually everything you've come to believe (e.g. the debates on the creation issue) and be prepared, as Art Bell would say, to "come along for the ride". It can be scary, but at the same time exhilarating, because as you come to be "deprogrammed" from cultish tendencies and vernacular, you will come to discover how there are so many angles to every issue and every sub-issue! As time goes on, one's mind can become more and more open to new knowledge. This can also raise fear, especially those who are taught to suppress doubts and reasonable research. It WILL raise more questions than answers! But then, I think this gives a REAL purpose in life, to love life and this journey; this voyage of discovery.

When we neither punish nor reproach evildoers ... we are ripping the foundations of justice from beneath future generations.

• LB
    LB

Welcome DisneyCuty. I'm glad you seem to have peace of mind now. Expect a couple of dingdongs here but I've found most are very helpful and supportive. For me, as I fade away, I have decided that I will NEVER be a part of any religion again. I wish you all the best.

• gumby
    gumby

Welcome Dis....nice to have new ones. I wished I had found this place and similar ones when I got out. I went to the christian book store... scared to death for being in there, and ordered Crisis of Conscience, read it and way before half way thru realized I had done the right thing.
    Question for ya...you said " You got fed up with the changes and the faithfull slave". What changes in particular bothered you?

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi disneycuty

Wish you the best. Too bad we have to loose our families, friends, homes, jobs and a normal life just to change our religious affiliation, or just to be free from religion.

Too bad a board like this is even necessary but I'm glad it's here.

Look forward to reading your story.

gb

• Mulan
    Mulan

Welcome, welcome. I hope you get the support and friendship here, that you need. I surely did, and stuck around to help others.

Some that post here are unkind, in their comments.......but I don't think they mean to be. Just don't get offended. I really think everyone is trying to help, and get things out in the open.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• outnfree
    outnfree

(Uh oh! Mulan's talking about me. I got ticked off four times this past week and called somebody a jackass TWICE!!!)

Welcome to the club, Disneycuty!
    I DA'd myself in March and am happily gone. I still am hurting from the shunning, and I'm fully confused about God and religion, but I did find the love and support of this forum to be immensely helpful after my exit.

I am sure you will learn much and make new friends here.

outnfree

When the truth is found to be lies
    and all the joy within you dies ...
    -- Darby Slick, Somebody to Love

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit