I just DA'ed myself

by disneycuty 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Congratulations, Disney Cutie and WELCOME to the Board. ((( )))

We know how tough it is. I was a JW for 11 years and DA'd myself. In doing so, I lost association with my best friend of 26 years. It hurts but you put it behind you and start making new friends. You will experience such a tremendous spiritual freedom. I discovered the true way to develop a relationship with Jesus (a project in progress) and no longer have to feel like I am rejecting him at every Memorial. I am not one bit sorry that I left!

There are some great people on this Board. You will find some that believe in Christ as their Savior but you will also find some that have lost their faith or have their faith in something other than Jesus. That's okay, too. The wonderful thing is that we now have the freedom to discover just what exactly we do believe in.

Suggest you take it slow, enjoy your freedom for a little bit, REST and enjoy the extra time that was previously spent in relentless studies and service. Take your time in "unscrambling" your brains from the bent Borg teachings. You will probably find that you have plenty of questions. When you're ready, answers can be found through your own personal study pursued at your own pace. Remember the Holy Spirit is your helper! When you have questions, there are many people on this Board (just ask) who can help you. Also there are good bible study sites on the Net. Check past posts for the subject matter. My E-mail is open if you would like to chat.

Make a list of everything you were not allowed to do that you would like to experience or feel that you missed (like Christmas). If I'm not mistaken, there was a post a month or two ago regarding that subject. I'll try to search for it and let you know or maybe someone on the Board can remember. Make the list and DO IT. Talk about feeling like a kid again.

Keep in touch.

Trot

"Wicked men obey from fear; good men, from love".... Aristotle. You can love and obey Christ without intervention from an organization.

• disneycuty
    disneycuty

Thank You all for the wonderful response I got from my post. To the one that asked me if I have read "crisis of conscience" And the answer is YES I just finished the book. That is another reason why I left. Ray Franz has opened my eyes to what the Governing Body does and how they made decision and I was in shock how Russell got the idea of 1914. I am currently reading "Christian Freedom" By Ray Franz.

• Mulan
    Mulan

outnfree: I wasn't talking about you!!

I meant the ones who start attacking.......name calling is okay, unless they call me a TROLL!!!

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• gumby
    gumby

Hey dis: The two books go hand in hand. You'll love the second book too. He gives a nice perspective on christian balance that seems agreeable with your natural feeling's. It did for me anyway.
    Also wanted to say I am so glad you realized true freedom rest in belief in christ and not an organisation. Take care

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Hi, Dis:

Found the site of all the things JW's can't do...

It is: http://www.jwfiles.com/jw-cant.htm

Enjoy.

Trot

"Wicked men obey from fear; good men, from love".... Aristotle. You can love and obey Christ without intervention from an organization.

• Farkel
    Farkel

outnfree,

: (Uh oh! Mulan's talking about me. I got ticked off four times this past week and called somebody a jackass TWICE!!!)

I'm willing to give you lessons in improving those skills!

Farkel

"I didn't mean what I meant."

• borgfree
    borgfree

Hi Disneycuty,

Congratulations. I am very happy that you have found your (and our) Lord and Savior.

Borgfree

"You can fool some of the people all of the time" especially if you are a member of the WT GB
  • TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Welcome to the board disneycuty. Buckle your seatbelt cause it is one bumpy ride (leaving the borg, that is)

Hey, are you disneycuty because you live in California or Florida? Just checking, I'm from the Sunshine State myself.

"By doubting we come at truth" -Cicero

• Richie
    Richie

Welcome to this board Disney Cuty...
    You will recognize very quickly through intelligent observance and study that the Witnesses control their people to an enormously large degree! There are many posts on this board you can check out for yourself which you'll find very gratifying to say the least.
    I for myself have been df'd for almost 2 years - yes it was not easy at first since we were all captive to the JW-mindset personality where we had to search out for ourselves who we really are in the stream of things. The Society conditioned us to lead our lives, they set our patterns how to think whereas we were never allowed to independently check out for ourselves whether these "things" were right or wrong as otherwise we could be branded as would-be apostates...
    After a short time you'll be able to think freely, reason out things without the prodding of an organization and to think the way we ought to think in a free environment where love can abound if we only allow ourselves to flourish with our God-given intelligence how we as human beings can serve God in an unobstructive manner by being ourselves and freed from the heavy burdens of a man-made hierarchy of things....
    Again, we are all happy to have you come aboard....

Richie :*)

• rhett
    rhett

Welcome out!!! You'll love it. While you're at it, examine everything you believe. When I left a couple years ago I was like you but now I'm not exactly the biggest believer in the bible. At all. Just go out now and look at everything and decide for yourself what is real and what's not. Go on, it'll be fun.
    As for doing things now that you couldn't before, well, this Saturday I plan on getting a shower and washing my ever growing longer hair before trimming my beard a little bit, getting dressed and then my Christian wife and I are going to a Christmas party hosted by my friend Ken and his partner Steve. While there I plan on downing quite a few alcoholic beverages and discussing scientific matters that don't involve how right the bible was when describing how the earth was created with the planetarium/science director of the local museum (actually, his role in the recognition of the Lushton, NE meteorite and its ~4.5ba yr. age). Can you count how many things would make a JW cringe that I plan on doing in just a few hours? I can!
    Have fun with your new freedom and question everything! Email me at [email protected] if you ever want to talk or if you'd like to get a whole bunch of Christmas cards from people on this list.

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right
    I don't need to be forgiven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit