JWs and Domestic Violence

by Amha·’aret 32 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

(((((((((((J-ex-W)))))))))))

• zagor
    zagor

Yes that is one of dirty JW secrets, it really matters not what rest of the world statistics show because they should know better considering how highly they think of themselves.
    I’ve seen at least couple of cases of abuse and there were number of other unexplained things with number of other people.

JW-ism is unfortunately a paradise for such things to occur and go on unpunished. And I’m not talking only about domestic violence and abuse but abuse on many levels, from verbal abuse to silent torturing through things one knowingly does that destroy the other person even without physical contact. I’ve seen wives so run down that they lose the sense of who they are and are only vegetating in some internal limbo an abyss from which there is no escape. I really hope people allowing or doing that get the taste of their own medicine before they die.

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

While I didn't exactly grow up in a peaceful home (i.e. my parents were not always in agreement!), my first introduction to domestic violence was when I started associating with the Witnesses.
    Hillbilly's comments accurately sum up the JW couple whom I lived with for a time:
    - she very definitely had a mind of her own.
    - the husband had been told that, as the "head" of the household, he was supposed to control her.
    - but, of course, the WTS could provide no meaningful guidance on how to do that.

To say the least, things got rather lively!

To cap it off, one of the elders remarked that the husband involved "needed to clobber her" in order to establish his authority over his wife.

In retrospect, that should have sent out warning bells
    i.e. domestic violence occurring amongst "True Christians" when I had not observed it in "The World."

Jack

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit