Brothers who were Gay but couldn't admit/accept it! Did you have some?

by Witness 007 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I grew up with three guys around my age in my congregation who later became homosexuals.

One is back in the borg after having been disfellowshipped at one time.

Another used to be married and has kids but is now openly gay (which everyone figured all along).

The third is out of the borg and openly gay. He claims it's okay to be a gay Witness as long as you're not acting on your tendencies.

In my current congregation there are at least two that appear to fit the bill (one of them married) and one who just moved away (he was a ministerial servant). Of course none of them claim to be gay.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

The only brothers I had were heteros, but I knew several gay men.

One everyone knew he was gay. He was older when I knew him. He was married and had a son. I think they just had sex the one time. Their son had a heart defect that made his lips purple. He died before 18. I always wished his dad had some sort of life purpose, because home life was dead.

Another is married to an old friend of mine. They have two sons. They've actually been divorced and remarried to each other. He is a habitual cheater. His son is very feminine too. Highlights, lip gloss, preferring princess dresses and barbies over any other toy or game.

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok

I knew a Brother when i was growing up in Essex who turned out to be gay. Stupid me though didn't realise it until I'd left the org because it never ever crossed my mind that someone brought up in the truth could turn out to be gay. Being brought up in the truth all I'd learnt about gay people where that they were either Leather clad perverts or men that liked to dress up in dresses and it never ever entered into my mind that there could be homosexuals in the truth.

Anyway this guy was a right mummy's boy, infact the behaviour between him and his mum was a bit sickening, I can well imagine her breast feeding him still lol. This brother had a bit of a crush on my mate Mark and got rather nasty towards Marks mates because he was actually jealous of us.

What I found particualrly odious about him was the fact that he was one of these ulta spiritual, spiritual snobs. He regularly pioneered as well as regularly looked down his nose at anyone that wasn't super spiritual. All that time he was piously judging everyone around him he was hiding his own dirty little secret, one that would get him DF'D if he were to ever be caught.

I heard last year that dear old vinchenzo was still in the truth, now in his 40's, now still single, still never ever having dated anyone (except maybe his mother) and still looking down his nose at everyone. Everyone knows hes gay (except him) and a few have expressed the view that he is wasting his life away, stuck in a religion that will never except him for who he is.

A brother sentenced to a life without love.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Yep, I think I know one.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I knew of two guys in my old cong.

One guy about 5 years older than me, so he was never really a close friend growing up. He was very ifeminate and camp, had lots of girlfriends. In his youth he went out a couple of girls, but never really got close enough for serious relationship. Everyone knew he was gay, occasionally he'd overhear someone say something and he'd go ballistic. The last i heard he comes and goes to the meetings, he's mid 40's now, still single.

Another guy who is now an elder. It's one of those worst kept secrets that he is, i think he mentioned it to one or two during his youth. But kept himself to himself, stayed single and now serves as an elder.

Paul

• FairMind
    FairMind
    As another poster stated its appears to be a genetic hormonal imbalance and not to be considered a sin as religion has said it is

So many JWs are homophobic but being gay is not a sin. As a CO once said to our congregation (we had an obviously gay brother with AIDs) "the sin is fornication not whether one is gay or streight".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit