Brothers who were Gay but couldn't admit/accept it! Did you have some?

by Witness 007 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I have come to realize that being Gay is something you are just born with....so why judge them if it's like being born a certain race.

A brother G_____ I knew was a zealous Pioneer pushing 43 years old. He never married though the Sisters thought he was dreamy and he had plenty of offers....."She's not for me" he would always, many times tell me some excuse. He loved to give only Brothers a big hug...say if you gave a Public talk or something. I felt this to be okay. He told me how in one Cong. a brother pushed him away after a huge congrats. hug for becoming a Servant, and he was glad as a big fella I had no problems with it. I once went into his house and all his Photo's were of him and his male Pioneer mates hugging with his big smile ...I told my wife..."I think he's Gay." I hope I don't sound weird but even the way he acted and his ignoring all women sent out that vibe. He had many offers from many Sisiters thru his life but would ALWAYS make an excuse.

• gymbob
    gymbob

Well I never "had" any, but I knew some!

• mind my own
    mind my own

I knew of one young man in another hall that clearly was. I do believe he used to wear a little make up as well. He was beautiful, in a very feminine way. I wonder what ever became of him...

MMO

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

yes, there are plenty of gays in the org, I can think of several right now that eventually left and I hope are happy now.

The ones that stay are miserable, trying so hard to be straight, ruining others lives in the process by marrying and having children.

As a 17 year old fourth generation dub I married one. He stole 18 years of my life with his lies and game playing.

I can't blame him for it though, he was just trying to be a good dub, same as me.

Being an ignorant sheltered girl with your only sexual experience coming from a gay man really f*cks with your head.

But I'm oooh so much better now.

• scotsman
    scotsman

Yeah, I knew one pretty well because I was one. I accepted I was gay but didn't think it was anyone elses business while I was a JW and feel really sorry for the men and women who remain JWs and endure spectacularly unhelpful speculation on their sexual orientation, sarcastic remarks and intrusive questions while adhering to a faith that tells them their inclination is wrong.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

I have a first cousin that was born gay and 3rd gen JW. He tried to be a JW but has not been very active in the last several years.

Unfortunately, he was rather offended when I sent him the link to www.gayxjw.com. I thought he might find some comfort there.

It was like no one was supposed to know he was gay. There was no hiding it. He even used to try to get my daughter to go to the gay bars with him when he was visiting.

Guess I wasn't supposed to know about that.

• minimus
    minimus

I think 2 GB members were gay.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Me.

• oompa
    oompa

i have an elder/friend...he is super smart and nice...but jaded....he once told me that he had to df a gay guy....he just had to...and even though the brother killed himself afterwards....he knew he did the right thing...i think he was only 19

now that i just wrote that....how the hell did i ever think this guy was my friend.......sick......oompa

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I am surprised at the large number of JWs I grew up with that were gay and left. Two even got married but eventually left their wives. It was also a common topic for conversation. I wonder if the sexual oppression within the Watchtower leads to people remaning confused about their sexuality for longer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit