it was near, then very near, then very, very near...only once

by oompa 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oompa
    oompa

***w9 71/1p.11par.18 Let All Glorify Jehovah!***

Both the increasing light on Bible prophecy and the anarchy of this dying world cry out that the end of Satan’s system is very, very near!

a year or so ago they also said it was imminent....and in 1969 they swore it was just a few years away............so for a FDS that claims Godly direction...he sure has gotten them lost a bunch on this path to everlasting life....funny...not once did he do that to his org. on earth in the bible....just read it please..........oompa

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

But it makes for great publishing and attention grabbing as a commercial aspect and a great tool for culling and containment of interested ones.

Russell realized it 100 years ago when he started the WTS.

He probably wasn't the first to use religion as a business and there will most likely going to be more in the future.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

and now it is just around the corner

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They would say that "very very near" is relative. What is a few decades or more
    to Jehovah? I look at it differently. WTS has never ever ever ever gotten one of
    their predictions correctly. The millions that were living in the 1920's and would never
    die- they are dead. Hey Oompa, even Rodney Dangerfield was one of them.
    He got no respect, no respect at all.

The last days that started in 1799 or 1874 or 1914 and would quickly build into
    the war of Armageddon- it never happened.

The door for the anointed did not close in 1935. The patriarchs did not get
    resurrected in 1925. The kids told not to go to college in 1969 did grow up and
    would have worked in their field of study- more than half of them would have
    retired by now.

I suppose that study articles in the next couple of decades will have to have
    words like "very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very
    very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very NEAR."
    They can add one very every now-and-again.

• reniaa
    reniaa

is the teaching of armegeddon spurious then?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

and of course 1 day with Jehovah is as a thousand years

• oompa
    oompa

still...only one very very near....actually my 30+years elder/dad let me know this!....i guess he thought that meant next year....he is retired recently and will be dead in probably less than 20 years, and i think he finally knows it thanks to me.....his health is better than mine as i have an unfortunate prob. (asthma) that is supposedly going to end my life around 60-65...even though it very very rarely bothers me anymore......still...in a few years my insurance will be $1400.00 a month!.....it would be so cool if we die on the same day!.......oompa

ok...maybe sick...but at 45 i finally accepted my own mortality....geeze what a mindfluck i had

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Regardless of what anyone thinks the answer is, YES, NO, I DON'T KNOW,
    the real answer is that the Watchtower's teaching of Armageddon is spurious.

• oompa
    oompa
    reniaa: is the teaching of armegeddon spurious then?

ok girl...please stop posting on my thread if you will not even spell correctly!.........oomps

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Yes, it's bogus. Thanks for asking and valuing my opinion.

Any other questions?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit