Every JW should be asked...

by Honesty 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Blood covered in the OT is always regarding animal blood. The blood of the animal is to be poured out in repsect of the life taken.

NT- Acts ch 15..."abstain from blood"...simply a reiteration of a couple of OT laws in Leviticus to keep the peace between converted Gentile and Jews. Nothing more than dietary restrictions...nothing more than temporary requests to maintain peace. Even if it was more than a temporary injunction (which it is not) it has been proven beyond doubt that a transfusion is not eating blood.

If you take two people, one hemmorhaging and another dying of malnutrition..and wee to hook up the one bleeding out to an intravenous feeding tube they would die....as would the one dying of malnutrition if transfused with blood? Why? Blood retains its form and is not digested as food. Give the other treatment to each person and they'd both live.

So, taking of blood transfusion is not ignoring any NT blood issue. There is no NT blood issue. This is another fictitious fantasy created by the WT

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

Renaia:

I take my faith seriously. Each time you lol, and you do it a lot, it annoys me. I totally disagree with you on faith issues but would not laugh at you for your beliefs. I have shaken my head many a time but would not laugh at you. It is called respect. I highly doubt that you will answer any of my questions because you never have before.

Blood Transfusions

Some fractions of blood are not acceptable by Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Some fractions of blood are allowed by Jehovah’s Witnesses. It is considered a conscience matter.

What do you mean by life blood? A person cannot survive without some parts of the blood but able to survive without other parts? Some parts of the blood are more sacred than others?

Where in the Bible does it say that God condones certain fractions and not allow others? At one point the organization didn’t allow any fractions of blood to be used. Why didn’t God speak more clearly to the Governing Body in the first place?

Did the Governing Body vote on this issue? How did they come to this conclusion that they were originally wrong? The light is getting brighter? Could they change their mind in the future and go back to the way it was or go further and eventually allow all blood?

If the Governing Body does change it’s stance would you go along with it or would you reject it as being unblibical?

What are Fractions of Blood?

http://www.providence.org/everett/programs_and_services/blood_conservation/e20fractions.htm

Definition

Fraction: a component of a mixture that has been separated by a fractional process

Fraction: a small part or item forming a piece of a whole

Albumin

· Manufactured in the liver

· Distributed through the body via the circulatory system

· Sometime used to treat shock, or as a volume expander

· Fractionated from the plasma of healthy human donor blood

· Heat treated and generally considered sterile

· We already consume it when we eat eggs or meat

· It moves fluid from other tissues into the blood stream for volume expansion purposes

· Passes freely between mother and fetus

· Used in most recombinant (chemically reproduced) category of pharmaceutical products

· If your faith normally objects to a ""blood transfusion,"" this is considered a ""conscience matter and a fraction""

Immune Globulins

· Various proteins that act as antibodies to infection

· Fractionated from plasma of healthy human donors

· Pass freely between mother and fetus

· Used rarely for healthy patients

· Most are familiar with RhoGAM (which contains immune globulins), given to mother’’s whose blood is incompatible with their babies. IMPORTANT for Rh-mothers!

· May theoretically transmit disease, but they are treated to eliminate contamination where possible

· If your faith normally objects to a ""blood transfusion,"" this is considered a ""conscience matter and a fraction""

Clotting Factors

· 13 substances produced mostly by the liver

· Each acts as one step in the process of clotting the blood

· Only Factors VII, VIII, and IX are available by recombinant (chemically reproduced) technology

· Would be rare to need this in most people, but some have undetected clotting problems

· Hemophiliacs are a good example of people lacking one factor

· Come from plasma and not sterilized, therefore carries disease risk like transfusions

Platelet, Plasma, or Hemoglobin Derived Agents

· Hemoglobin Derived Agents: (sometimes referred to as "artificial blood") have not yet been approved for the healthcare market in the United States. This is a rapidly developing area of scientific development, new products being developed all the time. Hemoglobin agents may visually appear like blood

· Various substances can be isolated from primary components (blood fractions)

· Some products may be derived from human or animal blood

· Many plasma-derived substances used in cardiac surgery are used to affect bleeding and may be lifesaving

· NOTE: If you hear the expression ""FFP"", it stands for Fresh Frozen Plasma, and like platelets and red blood cells for those faiths that would refuse ""Blood Transfusions," this would not be acceptable.

Tissue Adhesives, Gels, Ointment

· Used rarely, but topically in some types of surgery; spinal surgery, total joint replacements, to reduce surface bleeding

· Some of the products in this category are made by processing certain fractional parts of blood plasma, or platelets

· Some of these products are reproduced chemically without ""fractions""

· Some of these products appear like powdery substance until mixed and applied

Cryoprecipitate

· Mix of proteins and substances fractionated from plasma of multiple healthy donors

· Rich in certain clotting factors

· Not sterilized, may contain higher disease risk than normal blood transfusion, since it is taken from many donors

· Given in emergency circumstances when bleeding cannot be controlled by other means

· Comes from blood bank

· Appears as a milky yellow substance

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

http://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec14/ch169/ch169b.html

Red blood cells (also called erythrocytes) make up about 40% of the blood's volume.

http://www.ajwrb.org/6-15-04.shtml

With the emerging technology of hemoglobin-based blood substitute in late 1990's, the Watchtower Society quickly paved the wide road for Jehovah's Witnesses to receive this "minor" fraction of the red cells, which in reality comprise 97% of the red blood cells.

So let me get this straight.

Red blood cells comprises 40% of the total blood volume.

Jehovah’s Witnesses are able to take a fraction of that.

The fraction of the red cells comprises 97% of the red blood cells.

Does that mean that a Jehovah’s Witness can use 97% of the 40% of the red blood cells? Doesn’t that mean that almost 50% of blood is allowed?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

guestwithquestions,

The typical mindset of the JW here, I guess, would be.."I know it does not seem to make sense to me, but I have unwavering faith in the WT who is saying it...so they must know what they are talking about.." Thus they will defend it tooth and nail.

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

Carla: When I read your post it blew me away. Why didn't I see it before. The Jehovah's Witnesses believe that Jesus is triune. He is Michael the Archangel, he is the Word, and he is Jesus. Or is it that he morphs from one to the other? He is the Word that created all things (according to their own Kingdom Interlinear), he is an angel and then he is the son of God, then he reverts back to being Michael again? I could lol but I won't because I find this very sad. They say that the Triune God doctrine is confusing but I feel that the Jehovah's Witness organization is the most confusing religion.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Yes, very confusiong....They have John 1:1... 1 In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.

Ok, so They have a supreme God, Jehovah who created another lesser god.

This smaller god created the universe and everything in it.

Yet Jehovah says at isaiah 43: 10 “Y OU are my witnesses,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “even my servant whom I have chosen, in order that YOU may know and have faith in me, and that YOU may understand that I am the same One. Before me there was no God formed, and after me there continued to be none.

That is confusing and contradictory.

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

isaacaustin: We can all agree that their loyalty and unwaivering faith is not really with the God of the universe, but with the Watchtower. I have said it before. How can someone have discernment when you aren't allowed to think independently? You would think that would be a red flag.

"Don't think. We'll do that for you." This is unscriptural.

"Don't trust anyone outside of this organization. They are all evil and will be destroyed". This is dangerous.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Hmmm....gives one pause for thought...........

Dear President Bush,

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how to follow them.

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is, my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2. clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?

7. Lev.21:20 states that I may ! not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle- room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I am confident you can help.

Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

exactly....how do they follow Paul's word to KEEP testing?

They don't. The typical witness thinks they have fully examined the org and knows everything there is to know about it. Sadly, this examination simply means that they read the latest WT mags and tell themself that what they are reading sounds reasonable and correct.

It becomes a circular logic.

It must be true because the magazine says it.

How do you know the magazine is true? Because the WT is God's channel of truth. We are not to lean upon our own understanding to interpret the Bible.

How do you know that they are correct?

They are Jehovah's elect.

How would you know if the GB turned apostate?

I don't think that would ever happen, but if it did Jehovah would make another avenue.

How would you know about that aveneue? That would require getting you info from another source. Why would you trust another source then but not now?

Well, I read the Bible so i would know if the GB turned apostate.

But you said you rely on the GB to interpet the Bible for you, so how would you know if they are not interpreting it correctly....?

• Honesty
    Honesty

Reniaa,

Would you donate blood so that the fractions allowed by the Watchtower Society could save the life of one of your Jehovah's Witness brothers or sisters?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit