What do you think of this-obese win right to 2 airline seats for price of 1

by sir82 109 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest
    This issue still is should I give you 2 spots for 1 just because YOU DONT FIT THE SPACE.

If you made [some of] the space appropriately sized, you wouldn't need to GIVE me anything.

SA, a slave of Christ who surmises that, apparently, big is only better... when it doesn't involve a human being.

Silly rabbits...

• minimus
    minimus

I thought this thread was actually about money.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Perhaps if these hungry customers weren't eating twice as many burgers, they'd be able to fit into a single seat...

Flawed, FD (of course) - the lion's share of burger eaters are young men age 12 to 25. Have you SEEN what these kids eat??!!!! Oh, that's right - it's OKAY to eat, say, 12,000 calories a day... so long as you burn it off. THAT's not being greedy - THAT'S using "fuel." And yet, the appetite's exorbitantly greater. Smacks of hypocrisy to me (I can eat however much I wish, so long as I don't get/look FAT - I can boink all the girls I want, so long as no one gets pregnant - I can steal whatever I want... so long as I don't get caught...)

S..i...l...l...y...r...a...b...b...i...t...

SA, a slave of Christ, who says... ya'll should really stop judging the outside of other people's cup and start working on cleansing the inside of your own...

• Kudra
    Kudra

Ha, Jamiebowers-

That's funny- I'd love to have a 26" waist. I am 115 lbs (5'4") and I have a 30" waist. I am completely STRAIGHT. almost no curves, with a gut.

:(

I guess I am exaggerating a little but I am so envious of girls with boobies and a narrow waist.

my christmas wish list:

(.)(.)

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Maybe the airlines should charge by the kilo, which would also include lugage. $0.60 per kilo per 1000 kilometers passenger & $0.20 per kilo per 1000 kilometers for luggage.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

AGuest:

It's often difficult to penetrate your drivel, so I may have misinterpreted you. I had assumed this eccentric flittering stream-of-consciousness babble was a style you affected when you pretended to be channelling your god, but it seems that it extends beyond that. From what I can understand though, you seem to think that every business should be run like an all-you-can-eat restaurant. Are you really unable to grasp the obvious and simple fact that in most situations two burgers or aeroplane seats or whatever really cost twice as much as one? The idea that a business should simply give a two-for-one to anybody who wants or claims to need it and magically absorb the extra cost is as absurd as any of the nonsense you have ever posted.

You do at least seem to recognise that obesity is a result of burning fewer calories than are consumed, but bizarrely seem to think that those who do so should not have to face the consequences. Unsurprising though, given what you posted earlier: "Since when is a christian supposed to be concerned with physics?".

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    You do at least seem to recognise that obesity is a result of burning fewer calories than are consumed, but bizarrely seem to think that those who do so should not have to face the consequences.

That's very simplistic. The rate at which calories are burned also depends on health factors, genetics and individual body chemistry. Not every obese person is a glutton, and not every glutton is obese. When I discuss my weight problem I take the advice of my doctor and dietician rather than strangers on a discussion board. I've been eating 1500 calories a day for the last 2 years and still weigh 270 pounds. My dietician gave me shit last month, saying a man of my height and build should be consuming at least 2000.

I don't mind paying extra if I take up more space, but I do get offended when someone refers to overweight people as "fat fucks" as has been done on this thread. They ignore rule number 2 which says:

Inciting hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic.

Of course it's easy to talk that way on the internet. I've yet to meet someone who has the balls to say something like that to my face.

W

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Finally-Free:

That's very simplistic.

Well, it's very simple. If you consume more energy than you expend, you will gain weight. If you expend more energy than you consume, you will lose weight. If the two figures match, your weight will remain constant.

The rate at which calories are burned also depends on health factors, genetics and individual body chemistry. Not every obese person is a glutton, and not every glutton is obese.

Agreed. The chemistry can be complicated even though the physics is simple.

When I discuss my weight problem I take the advice of my doctor and dietician rather than strangers on a discussion board.

As you should. Always talk to a medical professional before changing your diet.

I've been eating 1500 calories a day for the last 2 years and still weigh 270 pounds. My dietician gave me shit last month, saying a man of my height and build should be consuming at least 2000.

Yes, you should be consuming at least 2000 calories but you should also be burning at least 2000 calories, and as you're currently only burning 1500, your weight remains constant. If you're interested in losing weight, talk to your doctor about what kind of exercise would be appropriate.

• choosing life
    choosing life

A person that is morbidly obese is prone to many health problems. They will have to pay more co-pays/deductibles, etc. to receive the extra care they need under insurance. So, if they require two seats on an airplane, they should pay for two seats.

The space allowed for passengers has shrunk over the past years, yet people are getting larger. I tend to be a bit claustaphobic and the idea of someone who needs more than one seat "sharing" part of mine is very uncomfortable.

Obesity is not a moral issue. There are multiple factors involved, some beyond the control of the ones who suffer from obesity. Still, it is only fair and kind for them to pay for two seats if they are using two seats.

• Scully
    Scully

Locked.

Based on just a quick read of the thread, I'm seeing at least the first three of the Posting Guidelines being trampled upon by people who find excess weight on other people offensive and have made it their business to be offensive themselves by showing off their ignorance.

Posting Guidelines
    To ensure all users feel safe and keen to participate, please avoid:

1. Insulting, threatening or provoking language
    2. Inciting hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic.
    3. Swearing, using hate-speech or making obscene or vulgar comments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit