Did You "Wait" On Jehovah or Did You "Run Ahead"?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I got tired of waiting for 1975 in 1976.

I got so tired of waitng on Jehober, I ran out of the organization.

Imagine the money I wouldnt have made and how far in the hole I would still be, If I was still pioneering and going to meetings waiting for 1975.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Neither.

I just quit paying attention to the frauds in charge of the JW cult.

• flipper
    flipper

I usually lagged behind. The closer I got to exiting the witness cult - everything got more boring to me and I entertained myself with other pursuits

• oompa
    oompa

I was a sprinter...they put a leash on me...but it finally broke.......oompa

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I tried waiting on that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag, but when I succeeded in making escargot out of Him, I quit waiting. And now I am on these apostate boards--problems here usually get taken care of much quicker than in the congregations.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I tried waiting on that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag

I'm beginning to sense that you don't really love Jehovah.

• Mary
    Mary
    Were you ever counseled for "running ahead of Jehovah's Organization?" Did you have to be told that you needed to "wait on Jehovah"?

Oh lordie, yes.......Whenever I would ask the elders a question that didn't jive with what the Borg taught, I could back it up with one or more scriptures. And although they never had a satisfactory answer, I was forever getting dragged into the Second school for "a little chat" about how "careful" I needed to be when discussing doctrinal matters because I could easily 'become a dupe of Satan's' and 'turn apostate'. When I asked "how can an idea be "apostate" if the Society changes their minds about a certain issue and I was right all along?" I was simply told to "wait on Jehovah and if changes are needed, He'll do it through the 'proper channels'".....which apparently didn't mean me.

• minimus
    minimus

You mean, Mary, that you're not "The Slave"??

Too bad. My fantasies are ruined!

• Mary
    Mary

I can be anything you want me to be. If you're a good boy Minimus, I'll teach you how to pummel your body and lead it as a slave........

alt

• minimus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit