Did You "Wait" On Jehovah or Did You "Run Ahead"?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Do you think Paul was told he "ran ahead"?

(Galatians 2:11-14) 11 However, when Ce´phas came to Antioch, I resisted him face to face, because he stood condemned. 12 For before the arrival of certain men from James, he used to eat with people of the nations; but when they arrived, he went withdrawing and separating himself, in fear of those of the circumcised class. 13 The rest of the Jews also joined him in putting on this pretense, so that even Bar´na·bas was led along with them in their pretense. 14 But when I saw they were not walking straight according to the truth of the good news, I said to Ce´phas before them all: "If you, though you are a Jew, live as the nations do, and not as Jews do, how is it that you are compelling people of the nations to live according to Jewish practice?"

• minimus
    minimus

Probably....A lot of people didn't like him.

• yknot
    yknot
    Were you ever counseled for "running ahead of Jehovah's Organization?"

All the time....... in fact it has been determined that I am terminal.

Did you have to be told that you needed to "wait on Jehovah"?

Well the two actions tend to go hand in hand. So I would wait and then grin annoyingly at the PO as he read the announcement or at the WT conductor as the reader covered my well pointed out in advanced POV. Generally speaking, I wasn't told I couldn't 'take the lead' so much as certain normal activities such as leading the congregation and written scripture commentary weren't appropriate if a 'qualified' brother was present..... but I have never left the house without my doily, cuz you never know! In fact I remember the Brother discussing the difference between outwardly leading and influencing. Yknot ......................................of the forever running ahead class while singing Catch Me Catch Me if YOU Can.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Totally agree with Jeremy. It is thought blocking at it's best. It makes you feel guilty for what makes you human being able to think ahead, speculate and act accordingly. It's an excuse for people who don't want to take any action or responsibility for there own life. I have seen so many friends just paralyzed wasting their life away, honestly what do they think is going to magically happen. So no I am not very good at waiting, or I wouldn't be here.

• blondie
    blondie

But min, would elders today have told Paul he was running ahead, after all the WTS paints him as being a CO or DO? I know they wouldn't have. So obviously, people can take the initiative and should to correct things. After all, why have the rank and file turn anyone in for "spiritual crimes" why not just "wait on Jehovah."

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I tried to, but he took his own, sweet-ass time, so I said "fuck it" and just left.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I usually wasn't paying attention, instead of running ahead or waiting on whosit, I was sitting on the side twirling my hair.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

I usually waited, and ran a little.

When I realized that what I was waiting on was more BS from the leadership, coverups, lies, etc., I ran the OTHER way.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

funny this was one of the key phrases that caused me to question the entire thing, EVERY SINGLE CIRCUIT OVERSEER I EVER KNEW USED THAT PHRASE.

In my last assignment as an elder, I was in a congo that was ruled with an iron fist by a father/son team. Jackass father got removed as PO years ago, but was secretary for awhile.... after my (formerly) best friend left the congo as PO, the son of the Jackass was appointed at the tender age of about 31 I think. I was secretary. Father wanted his old job back. After several unsuccessful attempts to unseat me, I finally allowed them the circumstance to remove me (rather than 'step aside', move away, and be reappointed a year later).

What brought this to a head was the elder Jackass..... I went to 2 different COs over the time I was there... the end of one CO tour and the first half of the new one.... the new one especially was fond of saying "Wait on Jehovah, he sees what is happening here, he will take care of it." My response to him was: "Elders are appointed by Holy Spirit, right?" ..CO:."Yes"...Snakes:"then Jehovah has appointed us as his elders the job to take care of things." "Well, sometimes we have to wait on Jehovah." "Correct, that is what COs are for, when the elders cant/wont do the job, the CO comes in..." CO:"Sometimes, but sometimes even COs have to wait on Jehovah." My final reply to him: "Brother CO, "waiting on Jehovah" is just a cop out because you dont want to rock the boat with your golfing buddies." And I walked away... that was the night I was deleted as an elder.... I went to the Sunday meeting..... and then transferred my card to a new congo.... 9 months later...I walked out of a kingdumb hell for the last time....

Now my few JW friends who still bother trying to "help" me... ask..."Brother Snakes, we love you, when are you coming back?"

"I am waiting on Jehovah to fix things.....just as I was told by the CO......" (not that "Jehovah" is going to fix anything...maybe he has to go to the privvy or has some matter to attend to")

Snakes ()

• mustang
    mustang

I "waited (am waiting) on" Jehovah: and here I am

It's been 35 years and they haven't cleaned up their mess, yet

Mustang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit