Did You "Wait" On Jehovah or Did You "Run Ahead"?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Were you ever counseled for "running ahead of Jehovah's Organization?"

Did you have to be told that you needed to "wait on Jehovah"?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I tried to wait on Jehovah - but alwys struggled. I think the human being in us all when we see something wrong want to run ahead and get it done

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

It never did bother me to "Run Ahead" of the WT (GB), now on the other hand to ignor god knowingly that I tried not to do, everytime I hear the term Running Ahead it makes me want to puke. I always wanted to worship god not humans, and the (GB) wants too much admeration.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I ran ahead and here I am.

W

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I ran away!!..Running Away In Circles.................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

I, in my teens, wrote a letter to the Society questioning their existing view of the "heart being literal" in the Bible as opposed to symbolic. I waited 9 months for an answer and then proceeded to write another letter asking why I didn't get a response. I was told to "wait on Jehovah and the faithful and discreet slave". "In due time" my question would be answered. Meanwhile I was counseled to "stay busy in the preaching work". A carbon copy letter was sent to the elders and they told me to "be patient". Meanwhile the next WT. issue changed their entire view that the biblical heart was a literal one.

(See, I knew it before the "Slave" did).

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I always hated this phrase and felt it was a euphemism for 'doing nothing and not complaining'.

I also felt that many who parroted this phrase were benefiting from the status quo and were probably hoping like hell that everything would stay the same.

If you ask me, I think some there didn't even fear the 'true God'.

LHG

• minimus
    minimus

It was frustrating to hear those USELESS phrases.

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C
    Did you have to be told that you needed to "wait on Jehovah"?

Several times. This rote response is nothing more than a typical thought-stopping cliche (as discussed by cult experts). The underlying meaning of this statement is "wait on the Governing Body" to clarify matters. As our fellow poster Nathan Natas used to say: "Jehovah is nothing more than a sock puppet used by the Governing Body."

What's ironic about this "wait on Jehovah" gibberish is that no one has "run ahead of Jehovah" more than the Watchtower leadership itself. When Rutherford and the Watchtower predicted Armageddon in 1925; who was it that ran ahead of Jehovah? When Rutherford told the young people not to get married or have children; who was it that ran ahead of Jehovah? When the Governing Body started focussing on 1975; who was it that ran ahead of Jehovah? The list goes on and on.

When the Governing Body tells their 7 million employees not to "run ahead of Jehovah", it is a clasic example of "do as we say; not as we do".

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

Minimus it dose no good send letters to those bafoons, they just send back formated replys. I am so glad I am no longer absorbed with Landrew.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit