Will Racial Issues Change In The USA Now?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I meant they're calling their newborns, Barack.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I've noticed that my younger g'son is beginning to imitate his oratory style. ~Snowbird

Snowy... I like to listen to the baritone of Obama as much as the next guy... Remind the little Orator that the word "and" should not be used as a connective between sentences.

Hill

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I meant they're calling their newborns, Barack

I understood you; someone mentioned it earlier.

It took a while for Kinte and Kunta to catch our fancy.

Snowy... I like to listen to the baritone of Obama as much as the next guy... Remind the little Orator that the word "and" should not be used as a connective between sentences.

Doesn't he have a rich voice? I just love the way he pronounces Pakistan and Taliban.

Sylvia

• minimus
    minimus

But admit it: he can't say Dubya like you know who.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I over heard a bit of a conversation the other night in a Chinese restaurant between a black couple and their son. The father (all were very well dressed) told the son 'mumble mumble and from now on I'm not buying you clothes that don't fit. It's time you shaped up and started working harder if Obama can be president there's no reason you can't at least make honor roll! Mumble mumble'

I could only hear bits of the conversation but when he said that he was a bit animated so I caught that part. I don't know if that's it word for word but it was pretty close. I swear to god that's what he said, my wife and I looked at each other just shocked! If Obama can do that to 10% of the black population he'll be the best president we've had in decades.

• minimus
    minimus

Actually, he said, "If Obama can be President, so can you!".

• snowbird
    snowbird

If his election can cause those young jackdaws to pull their pants up, that in itself will be worth the race.

Sylvia

• minimus
    minimus

"Young jackdaws"????

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Racial issues are not going to be a problem.

The dingbat Bush ran GM out of business with his crazy war.

When GM goes bankrupt.

There will be no USA.

At least not one like I was born in.

• junctions-wife
    junctions-wife

I think there will be a slight change in everyone outlook on who is president. And not just because he of color, we would feel the same way if it was the 1st woman president We live in a time where everything matters. Like I heard at work today "God is colorblind and so shall we" It shouldn't matter if they are black, whiite, tan, orange, purple with pink polka dots. If they can run this country to the best of their ability than that is was is important here.

Amanda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit