#1 reason they go in service...be honest!..........

by oompa 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• willyloman
    willyloman
    So not all people on here were fringe JWs who hated service...

And not all the people who hated service were fringe JWs.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Good point A@G. I was a regular pioneer and a complete zealot after pioneer school. OMG 3

• mustang
    mustang
    So not all people on here were fringe JWs who hated service...
    And not all the people who hated service were fringe JWs.

I had up to 5 studies, pIONEERing, if memory serves correctly; and the morning in FS, afternoon to studies was my routine. But it still was a chore. I never expressed fondness for FS, but I didn't express dislike either (unhealthy). So, I guess I was just "going along with the program", but in DENIAL. Later, on examining my feelings, I decided I hated FS. That's why I made it clear to my father and the other "brother" that there was no way I was going back into FS. I actually said I might start attending meetings again: you could see or "feel" (over the phone) the begining of a small smile (can't be too obvious, careful, careful, gotta reel him in closer before 'setting the hook"...) BUT under NO circumstances would I do FS. I didn't do that on purpose, it just happened. But, try it sometime, on a "lifer JW". Just play with them: if they can play you for a fish, you can reverse the strategy Mustang

• mustang
    mustang

Don't go out in FS: just lay back and fill a pew. The thing that the JW''s need most is an INACTIVE LAITY CLASS. Just sit on your duff.

Being Spiritually Weak is vastly underrated: it opens up a whole world of new experiences. There will be plenty of time on hand for hobbies, getting reaquainted with friends and family.

Done properly, nobody but a number crunching servant will even notice it.

You can ease up to this by simply cutting back. If you just report ONE HOUR, then you won't be inactive for a while or even irregular.

And think of what that does to the AVERAGE: it drags it down. No matter how many hours OR HOW FEW that you report, they still can only count you as ONE PUBLISHER.

Make yourself a new goal: TWELVE HOURS A YEAR

Don't like the PO or some of the other servants? They have to explain the averages to the CO

Join the JW Laity Class: it will grow; it is where the future is

Mustang

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

The cong I was in must have been a bunch of total freaks. Most of them geuninely want a BS and do all they can to get one, many even have one or more. They count their time the proper way, ie when they knock on the first door and don't count any breaks or anything. And I was like that too. I never fluffed my numbers and remember being completely shocked when I heard about pioneers in the UK buying hours from each other! So naive!

• sacolton
    sacolton

Number One Reason: Get your time in!!!

That's the bottom line. If they didn't have a quota, noone would volunteer to do field service. If you didn't put your time in, you get a nice shepherding call about increasing your zeal for the ministry work.

• bobld
    bobld

It is all about counting time and the power of the GB over the R&F.EX. Aux poineer,how many hours do you have or I got 44 hours already and it is only the 15th.If these blokes were in sales they would be sleeping in parks or homeless.Pathetic bunch.You are so right 1,000.000.000 of hours and 1,000,000,000 of wasted dollars and no results.Oh,they have increases in poor countries where the leaders beat the shit out of their young ones and get dunked because water doesn't hurt like the whip.

B

• oompa
    oompa
    mustang: Make yourself a new goal: TWELVE HOURS A YEAR

Oh i love this!....and your evil nature.....my last year i had 1 or 2 hours a month, missed a few in bes tween...the last few i missed a few months in a row....but of course not a SINGLE question from any elder about it cause they knew i had issues and had written the society about them.....and got shit for answers.....they even graduated me from the ministry school!!....ya thats right....the stopped giving me talks because they FEARED what I might say from the platform!!....so that is a diploma.....................oompa

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

My reason for going out in service was to get it over with. Like many others, I wasn't excited about starting Bible studies. I just didn't want to be irregular. So I went out once or twice a month.

I remember feeling good after I came home from a Saturday morning of service. I felt like I had done what I was supposed to do--and that I wouldn't have to do it again for another week or two (or three or four...). It seems silly now, but this "good" feeling reinforced my belief that JWs were the true religion.

• oompa
    oompa
    olins ghost: I just didn't want to be irregular.

And who does??? who wants an eight pound turd after three days???.....geeze olin...stay on topic!.................oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit