email I received from a JW

by jwfacts 26 Replies latest jw friends

• StAnn
    StAnn
    Do you know how long it took Catholics to accept the fact that the sun is at the centre of the earth

i am going to guess that there are few catholics who are on board with that..... truth?

Chickpea -

I'm trying *ouch!* to type *ouch!* a reply to this *ouch* but it's so hard *ouch!* to do, what with the sun burning up from the centre of the earth! *ouch!* The soles of my feet are burnin'! *ouch!* Gonna have to move my 'puter out of the basement and onto the roof, if I want to get any work done, it's so blamed HOT down here!

And the Dubs think WE believe in hell fire!

StAnn

• StAnn
    StAnn
    Jehovah directs his organisation....

Well, Jehovah may very well direct his organisation but he sure doesn't direct the WTS!

StAnn

• brinjen
    brinjen
    Well, Jehovah may very well direct his organisation but he sure doesn't direct the WTS!

Of course he's directing the WTS, from the centre of the earth, right where the sun is.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

You should create a section on your site dedicated to hate mail...

This is a classic...

• yknot
    yknot

Well I think it is great!

An active JW is violating the WT directive and reading your site!

He might not be willing to admit it now, but that is probably the beginning steps of his leaving the WTS!

Keep up the great work for the harvest is becoming more bountiful every year!

• foreverfree
    foreverfree

You know, this email reminds me of what Bro. Ray Franz wrote in his book. He said these organizations actually halt a persons spiritual growth. All they can see is the inside of their little box. They can't see outside of the "prison".

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

This is what I am thinking of responding with. Any other ideas on what to add are welcome.

Thank you for taking the time to write to me. However, If you are going to make the accusation that I am a liar, please provide examples. If you are able to point to any specific lies on jwfacts.com I will remove them immediately. (BTW, when did it become acceptable for a Witness to swear?)

You seem to be under the impression that I have never been a Witness. I actually spent most of my life as a JW, spending several years in Bethel. I was even a friend of Geoff Jackson from the Governing Body. I am very aware of what Witnesses believe and if you take the time to read my site you will see I have good reason to believe it is not “the Truth”, nor directed by Jehovah.

There are many religions that live according to the Bible and Jehovah’s Witnesses are not criticised for trying to follow the Bible. As shown at http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/mindcontrol.htm, criticism is because the Watchtower Society is a high control religion whose leaders demand unquestioning obedience. In fact, many consider it blasphemy when the Governing Body go as far as to say that Jesus is only mediator for the leaders, and the Great crowd can only have a relationship with God by following them.

The Watchtower has the highest percentage turnover of any major religion with over 150,000 Witnesses leaving each year. Most of the ex-JWs that I know have not been disfellowshipped for the reasons you give. They came to the conclusion that the Watchtower does not teach truth.

It is good that you are looking to the internet and finding out other points of view. It does not sound that you are yet willing to consider that the Watchtower Society maybe wrong, though as the decades go by and Armageddon still has not arrived you may start to think differently. However, I do hope that at least you come to realise that JWs are not special, and not the only people trying to serve God.

Kind Regards

• brinjen
    brinjen

I think your response is perfect the way it is. Courteous and no doubt not what this person would expect to receive either.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

I think that is an excellent response.

Jackie

• NanaR
    NanaR

An excellent and balanced response, jwfacts.

Ruth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit