Should Marijuana Possession Be Decriminalized If Under An Ounce?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• happy1975
    happy1975

I live in MA and I voted on this on Tues.

I'm with BTS, make it legal.

-Happy (and now you all know why......)

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

It should be decriminalized.

When marijuana is made legal.

Criminals will sell some other drug to make money.

The reason they make a market in marijuana is because it is illegal.

The reason many criminals are criminals is because they are poor and selling drugs is the way to make some money.

As long as we have poor people, which will be forever.

We will have poor people selling something that is illegal to make money.

Supply and demand.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Absolutely not. A seed should be grounds for prison.

• moshe
    moshe

NO- move to Jamaica, if you want to smoke pot.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

If marijuana is medcine, will Obamacare provide it for free?

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

There should be no law with respects to the possession and use of this plant or its natural products. The efforts to punish those who possess and use it have caused a great deal of social harm. Misuse of substances is not the fault of the substance but a symptom deeper problems for which the abuser has not been treated.

I am over 18. My body belongs to me. I can do what I want with it as long as it causes no direct harm to others. The government has no business with what I do in the privacy of my home as long as I cause no direct harm to others.

I can and do intake alcoholic beverages responsibly from time to time. I enjoy a mild intoxication but hate being drunk. I never drink and drive. We don't punish the intoxicated person. We punish the intoxicated driver. I would like to try marijuana, but I don't. I would rather not break the law. However, the law isn't about honor, common sense, and justice anymore, but is an industry of authoritarian control. I will make my own temporary autonomous zone.

Dave

• halcyon
    halcyon

totally agree it should be decriminalized. It's not for me, no drug is. But I believe decriminalization would cut down on drug violence. Let someone be a loser if they choose (like the stoner on the streets of Amsterdam ... sitting alone, wasting her life, but it is HER choice, and she wasn't posing a danger to others).

Innocent little kids will not be cut down in the crossfire of drug violence if drugs are decriminalized.

Increase in usage? Yes, for awhile. Part of what would SEEM like an increase would simply be the exposure of people who ALREADY use, but privately. But over time use would stabilize. And maybe peer and societal pressure would help regulate it just like the pressure not to smoke does now.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Shoot! No one is gonna give me heck for my comment? I was being facetious.

Of course it should be decriminalized. I think someone already mentioned, address the dangerous behavior or abuse as in drinking and driving, not the use.

• minimus
    minimus

....you pot smokers, you.

• betteroffdead
    betteroffdead

yes it should be but drugs make money for everybody growers, buyers, sellers, and law enforcement. how do you think police get funding for all there new toys?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit