Should Marijuana Possession Be Decriminalized If Under An Ounce?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

From what I understand it generated 100 million in sales and business tax for the state of California last year. So why not set up a cash crop which happens to be the largest in sales for tax purposes.

I have my card and based on what I see at dispensaries, the sales are high.

On another note I do notice that pot smokers are not getting in violent situations as a result of their use. I can't say the same for alcohol.

• minimus
    minimus

Does anyone remember that old movie, Reefer Madness?

I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

it brings a chuckle

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

but that legal "ounce" was part of a "pound" yesterday. How do we rationialize that? The dealers and distributors are still crooks and if the user is no longer in violation chasing the dealers becomes a sham.

It either has to be illegal or ALL legal...just like booze and tobacco....regulate it and tax the hell out of it.

I am all for it...those beaded, sandal wearing growers will make a mint .... and become future Republicans

Hill

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

"It either has to be illegal or ALL legal...just like booze and tobacco....regulate it and tax the hell out of it."

exactly

• free2beme
    free2beme

I have no problem with it, I think no amount should be illegal. Sell it, tax it, make money off it for the country.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

another state legalized it in the recent election. It's getting closes to 50-50 of legal not legal ratio. It should go to the supreme court to argue legality and regulation and most importantly, taxation

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit