Should Marijuana Possession Be Decriminalized If Under An Ounce?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

In Massachusetts, possession of pot, if under an ounce will only get you a fine, under a new law.

Some say this will send the wrong message about illegal drug use. (Personally, I don't imbibe but I know many that do). So, do you think allowing this law to pass will bring about more illegal drug use?

• watson
    watson

Yes it should.

People that want to do drugs will find a way, legal or not. So I don't think it will send the wrong message.

• Nowman
    Nowman

Yes, I think it should be.

Marijuana does not make people violent, nasty, mean, or angry. If anything, it makes some lazy. All in all, I feel its a relaxer and I am not against it.

Nikki

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Marijuana should be decriminalized period.

BTS

• watson
    watson

Taking recreational drugs is dangerous. It should be someone's choice to take the risk. Just like extreme sports. You can choose to ski off a cliff, you are free to do it. It's a lot more dangerous than a toke or two. But, just like with extreme sports, you get to enjoy or suffer the consequences of your choices.

I guess the problem arises when cost of the consequences has to be born by society instead of the individual making the choice. Thus, the debate.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith
    Marijuana should be decriminalized period.

Amen to that. Just last night I purchased a high-end vaporizer. It heats the material to just under the combustion point. This insures that you inhale a vapor that only contains the active chemical, not the 100+ compounds that you get if you burn it.

• minimus
    minimus

Law enforcement isn't thrilled.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Wow, BTS and I are in total agreement.

Decriminalize pot. Period. It will save us billions just in the law enforcement and prison costs, and will likely not make much of a difference in how many people use it.

S4

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

No question - absolutely..completely.

People are forced to take drugs prescribed by a pharmacy when they could find relief from a plant they can grow for free in their own house. I've seen more people whacked out on booze that are more violent than anybody I've seen on weed -no contest. Shouldn't even be an issue in this day and age - sammieswife.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

There are far more dangerous things than pot that aren't illegal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit