Nov 5 Dr. Phil - Cult Mind Control - WATCH TONIGHT!

by still_in74 28 Replies latest jw friends

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

If you applied steve hassans book to Jesus and his followers, given he said you had to leave family, told a rich man to give up all his money and follow him, in fact told most of his followers to leave their jobs and follow him only living on what they could get as donations would Jesus and his followers be defined as a cult by steve hassan?

The difference here Reniaa is that Jesus was God- or for the sake of argument here the Son of God. Indisputably sent from the Father. Not a cult-leader. Many groups today- of which the WT is a top offender- are claiming to be the channel to Christ...demanding those sacrifices Jesus spoke of to be made for that leader or organization- in the name of Christ.

• watson
    watson

It's not "mind control," but "mental regulating," right?

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager
    show me that the atheist world is better?

This question is no more to the point than whether or not a drunk man is happier than a sober one.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I asked a questioned on Jesus and steve hassan any takers?

I've read Steve's first book. There was no mention of Jesus using Mind Control tactics on his followers.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Sweet, thanks for the tip. Set my DVR to record.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    Can someone record this and put it on youtube please?

No way with Youtube...first of all they only allow up to 10 minute videos, and no copyrighted stuff as far as I know. Check hulu.com. There are TV shows available for viewing there.

• carla
    carla

Where in the bible does it tell about the Apostle's leaving their families forever? Nearly complete abandonment? Isn't there a story where Jesus & the Apostles were at one of the Apostles homes & the wife was there preparing a meal? Apparently the Savior did not require one to completely abandon family & family responsibilities.

Jw's are a destructive and deadly cult and should be described as such. Jw's have very little to do with God or Jesus, their entire message is 'join us or else!' 'you are worthy of death if you do not join our exclusive club' most of their literature is about following the gb, the fds and rarely about following Christ. They are the modern day pharisees who decide who might be worthy enough for eternal salvation, the worthiness is continginent upon rules & regulations made up by mere men. That alone makes them heritics, they have taken what should be Christ' and Christ' alone and put that mantle upon themselves.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I don't recall Jesus teaching to shun family members who leave the faith (the Wt requires its members to shun those who leave THEIR teachings- which is quite a different gosepl from the one Jesus taught.)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I guess the proof will be in the 'Dr Phil' pudding and how much he does mention them.

He will not mention JW's at all. He will not mention any of the larger groups.
    He will stick to the standard fringe groups that are obviously radical and cultish.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Jesus also raised people from the dead, healed numerous folks from terrible illnesses, feed thousands from a few fishes & loaves of bread. You could see why folks followed someone like that. I'll gladly sell everything and be a JW missionary if the GB can produce even one miracle showing evidence that they are Gods chosen people. Anything short of that requiring strict obedience is probably a cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit