Nov 5 Dr. Phil - Cult Mind Control - WATCH TONIGHT!

by still_in74 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Melody Blankenship
    Melody Blankenship

In response to Reniaa.....the JW that my dad is married to has used and continues to use all of the tactics you described: sleep deprivation, food restriction, and drug coersion (and that is just the beginning of the list) to gain "total control" over his feeble mind, but when he signs a check out of our family trusts, it's "his decision!" What a crock of BS! They are a very evil and greedy cult and need to be exposed!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

some months ago i had written on Dr. Phil's website about JWs, but of course because of family circumstances would not reveal my name or want to be interviewed

So did I.

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C
    If you applied steve hassans book to Jesus and his followers, given he said you had to leave family, told a rich man to give up all his money and follow him, in fact told most of his followers to leave their jobs and follow him only living on what they could get as donations would Jesus and his followers be defined as a cult by steve hassan?

Many are assuming that Jesus actually uttered all of these words; and that they have been accurately recorded verbatim in the original manuscripts, without any error. I'm afraid that Jesus would actually have to presently be here on earth for anyone to be able to observe him and listen to his words - to hear it "directly from the horses mouth" before we could make those judgements. In the Buddhist Sutras, many discourses and teachings are attributed to the Buddha himself. Did he really say all of those things as recorded? It is highly unlikely. How can we really know for sure if we were not there to hear it ourselves?

• jws
    jws

Jw's are a destructive and deadly cult and should be described as such.

That may be so. They not only have practices that can put people's mental health at risk, but also their physical health when they refuse blood.

But I would say that on the scale of sensationalism, JWs aren't that interesting as far as cults go. I'm sure Dr. Phil is going to find the cults that are going to shock people the most. Plus, like another poster said, he isn't going to go after the bigger cults. Big cults with millions of followers could create a backlash resulting in bad press, boycotts, and potential loss of advertisers. It's pretty safe to expose a cult with a few dozen members.

Many are assuming that Jesus actually uttered all of these words; and that they have been accurately recorded verbatim in the original manuscripts, without any error.

It's a pretty safe bet that they aren't his original words. Between the 4 gospel books, Jesus is quoted slightly differently saying what was apparently the same statement made to all of his disciples. So much for the idea that the authors of the bible were merely secretaries for God, transcribing what he told them to write. If that were the case, each quote would be identical.

And if those quotes aren't even identical, how can anybody get hung up on some strict interpretation of any passage? Maybe the author worded it one way when he was thinking something completely different and because of that mistake, a whole new religion (or cult) has developed.

• sf
    sf

Once again, he tanks.

I've given up on emailing the pervert.

He seems to get off...on these cults with lots of wives and grooming kids for sex in the church.

Phillip McGraw is well aware of the JW cult, yet has still not helped THOSE KIDS.

sKally

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

To be completely honest, I have never liked Dr. Phil, I find him to be a big phony and a blow heart. I can't imagine him doing anything really constructive for anyone that doesn't benefit him and his name. At least that is my opinion and I am sticking to it.

I also think he is so full of himself and talks just at people rather then to people.

orangefatcat.

• reniaa
    reniaa

No mention in Dr phil then!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Reniaa,I dont think Dr Phil will mention the JW's because you KNOW how we are trained to appear to the world. Well dressed polite, soft spoken, we are trained> What to say,> How to say it,> When to say it
    So the world is not aware of the Ministry School training of two hours on a Thursday night, or before we went in service a "run through" of a pretend knocking on the door," I remember it well.
    sure are >>>>>They are the modern day pharisees
    Have a look at the post for the Mormon's.

• undercover
    undercover

I'd prefer that he not mention JWs, Mormons or Scientology.

Dr. Phil is a putz. I don't know anyone who really takes him serious. If he were to feature JWs as a "cult" on his show JWs would just laugh and rightfully so. You can't take anything that man says as serious.

Let real news organizations uncover the scandals. It's a whole lot harder for a JW to defend the Dateline bit about child abuse than it would be to defend their status as defined by a TV quack.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit