Nov 5 Dr. Phil - Cult Mind Control - WATCH TONIGHT!

by still_in74 28 Replies latest jw friends

• still_in74
    still_in74
    Wednesday - November 5, 2008

alt

Mind Control?

It’s hard to believe, but in America alone, there may be as many as 5,000 religious groups preying upon the weak and vulnerable, and all in the name of God. Dr. Phil’s guests have warnings for you and your children. Seeta says when her 18-year-old daughter joined a religious group called 1 Mind Ministries, she left home with her 7-month-old son and never returned. Soon afterward, Seeta received the horrifying news that her grandson was found dead and her daughter was being charged with murder. Learn the disturbing details of this case and why Seeta says her daughter is innocent. Then, meet Norman, a college-educated husband and father who moved his family hundreds of miles to join a religious group that came with a price he says he never expected. Norman says he was enticed to join the House of Yahweh because of his strong desire to be part of a group. The House of Yahweh is a mysterious organization out of Abilene, Texas, led by Yisrayl Hawkins, a man who some say has more than 30 wives. As Norman and his family prepared for the end of the world, as Yisrayl Hawkins preached, Norman says he eventually realized why they were selected to join the group. You won’t believe the reason he gives! Then, meet a former wife of Yisrayl Hawkins, and learn the warning signs of mind control.

members of JWD have been interviewed in connection with this show. Whether or not JW's are mentioned remains to be scene. I personally emailed the Dr. Phil show weeks ago regarding the JW's.Here's hoping!!!!!!!

• lilyflor
    lilyflor

some months ago i had written on Dr. Phil's website about JWs, but of course because of family circumstances would not reveal my name or want to be interviewed.

hopefully if he got a few comments like this we might get a mention

• reniaa
    reniaa

I'd be very surprised if Dr phil mentions them but breifly because they are just not doing the sort of sensational stuff he will be talking about like closed communes, sleep deprivation, food restriction, drug coersion. So in england not sure I'll get to see this show but hey keep me informed to see if he actually mentions it.

• Aculama
    Aculama

The Apostles left everything...jobs, family, homeland, to follow Jesus. They would be considered cult members by Dr. Phil and most of the world. Eventually the nut cases will make it hard on all of us who desire freedom of religion.

• reniaa
    reniaa

I think it depends how you define the word Cult like someone said above the first century christians would be considered a cult and jesus their cult leader by todays standards. If a faith is strictly moral and expects there followers to be so then already they are being classed as 'forcing members to a strict regime that would start putting them under the heading of 'Cult'. If Jw's did any of the things I list above then you would see them more mentioned. I guess the proof will be in the 'Dr Phil' pudding and how much he does mention them.

Reniaa

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I think the best definition is the one held to by most experts ie: an exclusive hierarchical group that uses behaviour, information, thought and emotional control over it's members. I suggest you read Steve Hassan's books, then you will be in no doubt.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

It never ceases to amaze me that there are persons among us that don't consider Jehovah's Witnesses to be a DESTRUCTIVE cult.

Moreover, Steve Hassan and others have detailed how Mind Control works, working from Robert J. Lifton's excellent research.

You can lead a horse to the water, but you cannot make him drink.

• reniaa
    reniaa

If you applied steve hassans book to Jesus and his followers, given he said you had to leave family, told a rich man to give up all his money and follow him, in fact told most of his followers to leave their jobs and follow him only living on what they could get as donations would Jesus and his followers be defined as a cult by steve hassan?

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Mind control is a powerful tool leavingwt. Don't be too hard on reniaa. Grin 3

• reniaa
    reniaa

mind control is just a word and one easily used as a fall-back when someone can't think of a reply to a person's question. adhominen arguments reveal the weakness of the person using them not the target.

I asked a questioned on Jesus and steve hassan any takers?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit