Why do JW's act as if other's personal beliefs are not to be respected?

by wha happened? 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I would have hit them

• Dagney
    Dagney

Arrogance in having been told their whole life they are the only ones who have the "troof" and will be saved. It makes them quite special.

It's sobering isn't it to see it from the outside looking in?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    *** rs p. 97 par. 2 Dates *** Before the last members of the generation that was alive in 1914 will have passed off the scene, all the things foretold will occur, including the "great tribulation" in which the present wicked world will end.

His grandmother was probably one of the last of the 1914 generation. The relatives should have all been laughing at HIM.

B the X

• tinker
    tinker

Call them what they are Arrogant Supremacists.

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

Well, I don't do this often but to their credit, different people grieve in different ways. And then on the other side of things you're talking about a religion, if followed, which almost completely severs the gravity of the situation because of the hope of seeing them in a paradise. It's like if I got lottery numbers from the future, while other people are doing their whole "I promise to do this or that better" or "I'm going to make this big change if you just grant me this" thing I'd be sitting back relaxed as hell because I know that I would win. To the dubs, they're just asleep and the next memory that the deceased will have is waking up in that (crosses eyes) paradise Earth so the timespan between their death and resurrection is instantaneous. Kind of like when Doctor Brown sent Einstein one minute into the future. For Einey it was instant. For Doc and Marty a minute had passed.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Why ?

- it's obvious - and sobering to watch - prompts to consider what the wrath of God actually is

• Caedes
    Caedes

It's not just JWs, born agains appear to have similar attitudes with talk of blasphemy and heresy.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/167519/3100446/post.ashx#3100446

• VM44
    VM44
    To the dubs, they're just asleep and the next memory that the deceased will have is waking up in that (crosses eyes) paradise Earth so the timespan between their death and resurrection is instantaneous.

Where do the JWs teach that?

What they actually teach is that after the original person dies a NEW body is created and impressed with the memories and personality of the original that were kept in Jehovah's memory. This NEW body with old memories and personality will wake up in the paradise Earth.

The original person (body) is still dead and wakes up to nothing!

This is a hope?

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Isn't the jdub hope actually the rope a dope hope? Just a thought!

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

It gives a good witness on how JWs really are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit