Why do JW's act as if other's personal beliefs are not to be respected?

by wha happened? 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• flipper
    flipper

Why ? Because they're freaking idiots who are " mind controlled"

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Well it's religious intolerance. JW's cry about this all the time but can u imagine what the relatives and friends were thinking of these two morons who were acting like brain dead 14 year olds. These guys are 45+ years old and giggling over the death of their grandma

• billie jean
    billie jean

I have also been to a witness funeral where ive seen total disrespect for the service and the loved ones family,i fully understand how angry this makes you. it truly makes me feel sick that they are this way and i'm dreading my own grandmother passing not only because i'll have to sit through their ramblings and enter a K.H again but because it won't feel like a 'normal' funeral where you can grieve properly.I remember when i was young attending various peoples funerals from the congregations and i'd seem to be the only person crying so much, then i'd get my mother telling me to 'stop it' as it wasnt a good witness and i quote 'we have the hope of the resurrection'

Terrible....

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

an old saying: "as the twig is bent, so the tree shall grow." sitting in meetings 5 times a week that downgrade every other religion, while exalting JW's is brainwashing you. And, at some point, the ego takes over and just LOVES the thought of being "special" and "better than" others. That's all it takes.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

This is really very disrespectful, imagine how the family felt about it.....I'm sure they noticed.

h40

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'm sure they did. I know all eyes were on me when my Dad died. I was respectful. I didn't say a word. I'm the only JW in my family

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

"What they actually teach is that after the original person dies a NEW body is created and impressed with the memories and personality of the original that were kept in Jehovah's memory. This NEW body with old memories and personality will wake up in the paradise Earth.

The original person (body) is still dead and wakes up to nothing!"

VM44 I had this exact discussion on this subject with another dub when I was a teenager. I don't think most adult dubs actually think about this, and if you tried to explain it to them I don't think they'd get what you're driving at. But I read a lot of science fiction as a teen and I think that helped me think these things through a little more. It makes you appreciate how necessary it is to have an immortal soul.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

We do respect your views....but we do want you to dump them and believe in Jehoover.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit