The devil appears at JW convention in N.Y.

by kool aid man06 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sacolton
    sacolton

Ugh! Great way to reaffirm they have the "truth". (NOT!) If I were still a JW, this would have just solidified my faith in the organization.

GET THEM TO THINK ON THEIR OWN!!! NOT THIS CRAP!!!

• ninja
    ninja

one guy was listening.......if it makes one of them think its a good thing.....now wheres that satan costume?.....oops forgot....I am satan........according to wifey

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

IP_SEC your comment there are people starving in the world. Jackasses
    What in the hello is this got to do with anything?
    Whether those people dressed up or not would not change the fact that there are people starving in the world. Thats like getting onto the witnesses at this summers district convention because someone at the drama had to dress up like Scolios (a character mind you that doesn't even appear in the bible).
    Whether the drama went on or not wouldn't change if people starved or not.
    So I'm not quite following what you're getting at.

As far as this guy dressing up like the devil who knows what affect it might have on the young ones attending. If they associate the devil costume with attending a convention when they were young it might make them question why he was there later in life. As many psychologist will tell you when a kid does word association or people/person association with something its hard to break that connection. Of course it could also just as well backfire and I realize that. But nonetheless I bet it will make those young ones have a few questions in their minds even if they don't voice them to their parents for fear of what they would think of them.

I would like to state tho I agree with the idea that this was not the best way of getting the majority there to even question their teachings. I'm sure some were even in more of a hurry to get inside the building than normal.

Regards,
    StoneWall

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

I don't think they like the taste of their own medicine. LOL

Jaydubyoos used to stand outside churches and harrass people.

Now the tables have turned.

Funny !

• golf2
    golf2

What I saw was a perfect example of NO CLASS!

• cognac
    cognac
    IP_SEC your comment there are people starving in the world. Jackasses
    What in the hello is this got to do with anything?

I thought it was pretty clear Stonewall. He was stating that there are more important things to do in the world then make yourself out to be a complete jacka**.

Anywho, yeah, this guy I'm pretty sure did more damage then he did good. It looks like there were a ton of people there though...

• Robert7
    Robert7

I think in an event like a DC, the right to free worship should be respected, and the JWs should just be left alone. There's a time and place for everything.

• mouthy
    mouthy

In my opinion it was tasteless, I couldnt help thinking of the little JWs that was attending.I had a support group for 20 years, all younger than I, they ALL said how the page in one of their books, I cant remember weather it was the Paradise or Revelation haunted them nightly when they went to sleep. ALL OF THEM told me this. & they all laughed when they realized they were not alone in their fear.
    I have picketed for years, but only with a scripture & calmly,I know some who did come out years after & said it had a part in making them think.

• Galileo
    Galileo

The only thing this accomplished was to make this smug lunatic feel better about his own crazy beliefs. It accomplished nothing as far as making people think, as others have stated, it simply reinforced their own us vs. them, persecuted for the truth worldview. In fact, the governing body would do well to secretly hire an army of these nuts to stand outside of every convention. Most Witnesses aren't crazy, just misled. This guy seemed nuts and extremely mean-spirited. I would have cheered if that video ended with a Witness punching him in the face. I wanted to.

• joebin
    joebin

Obviously this is not the work of an ex jw but rather a christian from some wacko fundamentalist church where they roll on the floor filled with the spirit. You can tell by the way their women look (long hair, fat). Also his obsession with Russell and hell. Most of these christians think JW talk about Russell all the time. He's not even funny, and a bad actor, besides who does he think he is calling people dumb and stupid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit