The devil appears at JW convention in N.Y.

by kool aid man06 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• kool aid man06
    kool aid man06

Happy Dad, I thought this video would bring some entertainment to our friends on the board. I am not totally in agreement with everything this group was doing. But, if you did notice, some Witnesses stopped and were asking questions. Protests and demonstrations do not have to have this much theatrics, they can be more toned down. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8zcZ-eaBI8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC4OroaWDus

• shamus100
    shamus100
    if you did notice, some Witnesses stopped and were asking questions

Oh, I disagree that this had any effect on anyone. I appreciate people trying to get people out of the cult, but this is just awful. The next thing is someone is going to DannyHazard them. (pepper spray them)

What a stupid dipshit moron. Ridiculous!

• LDH
    LDH

Complete asshat.

• orangefatcat
  • orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Well quite frankly I think the guy in the devil suit laid it on to thick. I mean the whole purpose of getting people away from the Organization is to make a good argumentation, but screaming like a banshee is stupid. What did it accomplish, nothing, he made everyone look like idiots and thats what gives apostates bad reputations. He would have been better off speaking and holding a placard up and never mind the stupidity of Russell or Rutherford that isn't what is going to make witnesses see the light, we have to show them the lies, and cover ups and they the G.B were standing on the thing that is so disgusting and and abomination to God they fornicated with the image of the wild beast the UN nations the earthly organization of Satan. There constant changing of blood policy's and the issues of now being able to accept transplants. Where will it all end? Will lawsuits bankrupt the society? These are the issues we need to discuss with JW's After we reach them with this then we can show them all the other stuff of Russell and Rutherford and those who practised homosexuality while condemning it on the platform at meetings and assemblies. Didn't they ever think it would be exposed to the world? Sorry friend I just don't see the point of this nut dressed as the devil. Orangefatcat

• shamus100
    shamus100

Reinna,

Nobody here is that off the wall to do something like that. This board only represents a small amount of JW's that left 'the truth'. A huge number leave and don't want or need support forums like this.

This is nothing in the grande scheme of ex-jw numbers.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Street theater has its place, but if one wants to engage a JW that may be questioning things that seems absurd.

I would think about being friendly, clean cut and well mannered with a placard of something like:

Jonestown Deaths: 900 - JW blood policy deaths: xx,xxx

Or a few high profile JW molesting case headlines where elders covered for it, and the placard says: "You think we wouldn't find out?"

Nothing about doctrine, but about fruits and consequences in the real world. There would certainly be many whose consciences were not so seared by WT doctrine that they would start cogitating on that.

• mavie
    mavie

Embarrassing.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I am sure that the conventioners were highly entertained by the "devil" - after all, it was funny....

If I were free of family ties I would certainly like to reach out to dubs, but I think that using their own methods are most effective . They gave up (pretty much) on the use of placards and demos. I would like to slip in , neatly dressed, alone, and just engage some one in conversation, asking sincere questions, perhaps leave a discreet handbill with real info on it...

But hey, the devil and his cohorts made an impression...

• passive suicide
    passive suicide

Are you kidding me?...........I'm at a loss for words....which is rare for me...lemme tell ya... Blooming bunch of idiots comes to mind. I was embarrassed just watching this....and what about the lil' guy with the 'repent ' shirt on.....might as well force him ta go out in service ya dip-shits.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit