Charlie Brown is on!

by mrsjones5 12 Replies latest social entertainment

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    A Confession however, we used to watch it when we were "active" -- our kids (and so did we) loved it.

We did too. My parents had a "don't ask, don't tell" policy and never told us that we couldn't watch holiday shows. When I was really small, my siblings and I would spend Christmas vacation with my mother's parents (my Grandma was a jw, Grandpa was not) and my grandfather would encourage us to watch the Christmas shows. My grandfather was a very strongwilled person, very vocal, and though he never tried to stop my grandmother from being a witness, Grandma knew better than to try and go against Grandpa and stop us from watching those shows.

• Aculama
    Aculama

Charles Shultz was a devout Christian. He was a member of the "Full Gospel Businessman's Association". He also followed the teaching of William Marrion Branham. William Branham was known for correcting false docrine and pulled many converts from the J.W.'s, Mormons, Catholics, Baptists, Lutherns, ect. His teaching was so dynamic that some fanatics started cults based loosely on his doctrines. This brought undeserved reproach on his work and hindered his ministry. Mr. Shultz was known for putting little quotes of William Branham in his comics.

• DJK
    DJK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit