I finally said it...I don't like jw's

by kzjw 105 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Caedes
    Caedes

Reniaa,

But it's ok for witness parent to indoctrinate their children and tell them that they have to believe the JW bullshit?

Does God have a right to ask me to worship him?

Yes, he does have the right to ask, and whenever your god gets off of his backside and actually asks me I can tell him what judgemental tosser he is.

• kzjw
    kzjw
    Reniaa said...
    Can I ask you guys if it was any other faith that asks a lot of devotion and commitment i,e Jewish, muslim, hindu would you feel the same?

I have made more than a concerted effort to be respectful of JW's...I attended the KH in hopes of saving this marriage - I only found the the message of doom for this "system of things", or out & out lies from speakers about world events because they were trying to make a point.

If you yourself had a strong religion not JWs and attended church giving a strong level of commitment to that God, would you give it up because your wife/husband said she/he didn't like it or the people and found it offensive?

I was baptised at age 6, and though the building of the Baptist church I was baptised in no longer exists..I can stand under the pool where I made my 42 year commitment to Christ. Not to an ORG, but the my Lord & saviour. I'm no longer a baptist, I lost my religion, but thru God's grace I have kept my faith. It's there 24/7, I just don't feel the need to let some man, or group controll how I worship Him. JW's do & that is offensive!

Do we as humans have a right to tell another adult what they can and cannot worship? children are brought up in their parents faith but eventually they have to make a choice as adults for themselves but you as husbands/wifes do you have the right to make a spouse give up personal belief because you don't agree with it?

Of course not, but I do have the right to tell my wife to examine the scriptures without "bible-based" books. To use outside sources and as a black woman to stand up with strength and understand that no one can tell her what she can & cannot read. Slavery died in the late 60's (yeah I mean 1960's), I was alive then and know it when I see it. If you still have scales over your eyes & can't see around the blinders, that is your cross to bear. However, I have sat and observed this CULT destroy my wife, and it is my duty by the vows we took to try and save us by any means necessary. Now, don't you have a meeting to attend?

On a more positive note...

Carla, your post was huge for my day and I want you to know..

You are appreciated!!

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I do have the right to tell my wife to examine the scriptures without "bible-based" books. To use outside sources and as a black woman to stand up with strength and understand that no one can tell her what she can & cannot read. Slavery died in the late 60's (yeah I mean 1960's), I was alive then and know it when I see it.

Yeah! Please do tell her to Google Watchtower View of Blacks. Just that.

Sylvia

• sacolton
    sacolton

James 1:27

A religion that is pure and stainless according to God the Father is this: to take care of orphans and widows who are suffering, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.

Does this scripture describe the WTBTS?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Scoot over....I'm getting in this boat too!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Does my husband have a right to ask me to worship him putting him before God? No

Do I take it from what you both say you went into Jw's without knowing what you were baptising yourselves into? I knew they were asking a more moral strict line and their publications and teachings would all reflect it, It isn't an easy path to walk but when I failed I blamed myself only.

The contract of marriage in no part says my spouse has a right to my beliefs only God has that right.

many made their marriage vows not knowing that years later the other would run into a jw and make new family rules

• reniaa
    reniaa

Well I've had my say on whether I think someone has a right to decide his/her spouse's faith in place of God.

In the end no adult can pick the faith for another adult, well we can try but like I said children will grow and make their choice, adults may lose their spouse because they cannot realise this,

If you managed to get your wife to stop physically being a witness but inside her thoughts she still is one but has to hide it from you, how would you feel?

For those who try and apply my words to WTs well thats your choice we enter many different contracts in life, in work, in marriage, with our God, you have to decide what each one has a right to ask of you contractually

Reniaa.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    To use outside sources and as a black woman to stand up with strength and understand that no one can tell her what she can & cannot read.

I really like that part. You're a wise and loyal hubby Kzjw.

• Mary
    Mary
    Reniaa said: Your points are invalid because you are talking on two unrelated things. Marraige and worship to God!

They are not "unrelated" you brainless twit because that is the point of this entire thread. The original post described how this cult----not God-----has a huge negative effect on a marriage. Is that really so difficult for you to comprehend?

Does God have a right to ask me to worship him? Yes. Does my husband have a right to ask me to worship him putting him before God? No

Don't be so stupid Reniaa. No man asks his wife to "worship" him (well, maybe in Islam but that's another subject), or for his wife to "put him before God". The fact is, it is not God who is telling people that they have to attend 5 meetings a week, or go out knocking on doors Saturday mornings or spend countless hours in preparation for these things. These are all man made requirements from the Governing Body who are demanding this of Witnesses----not Jehovah.

Do I take it from what you both say you went into Jw's without knowing what you were baptising yourselves into?

Of course not. I was born into this cult and was 15 years old when I got baptized. While I knew the questions and the basics of the religion, I obviously only knew these things from their point of view. Since no one is allowed to question the doctrines and since they strongly endorse the baptising of minors, what does that tell you?

The contract of marriage in no part says my spouse has a right to my beliefs only God has that right.

I'd love to know what you smoke before you start typing Reniaa......actually, no I don't want to know. This sentence doesn't even make any sense and has nothing to do with the subject at hand. Is this really the best you can come up with? If it is, they're you're even more pathetic than what I originally thought.....

• sacolton
    sacolton

Can I be a Jehovah's Witness and not agree with the 1914 doctrine? I mean, I really love Jehovah God and Jesus! I read my bible and pray!

I just don't agree with 1914 ... still, can I be a JW?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit