I finally said it...I don't like jw's

by kzjw 105 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Mary Called It!!

Renaia is a dub all along. That is why she doesn't write anything coherent, she is brainwashed and under mind control. So we will never be able to reason with her.

Renaia, why don't you do yourself a favor and take a critical look at the WT, its teachings and its past instead of trying to justify them. If it is the truth it can stand up to scrutiny. Trouble is it doesn't, especially in light of the Bible. Can't you see, they are a cult leading you away from Christ?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech
    Renaia, why don't you do yourself a favor and take a critical look at the WT, its teachings and its past instead of trying to justify them. If it is the truth it can stand up to scrutiny. Trouble is it doesn't, especially in light of the Bible. Can't you see, they are a cult leading you away from Christ?

this is true, the disillusionment that the WT left me, has weakened my faith in God. in turn I have found many tyrannical personality traits in God.

When I was a 7 year old Catholic, I would have never investigated these things to the point that I would have lost this faith

• StAnn
    StAnn

I'd actually like to go back to KZJW's situation.

Let me quickly share some of my story, which you've all heard before, and then ask a question. When I married my husband, I was Episcopalian and he was Lutheran. We were married in the Lutheran Church and attended services there. They were close enough to Episcopal practice that I didn't mind. After we married, I became Roman Catholic. My husband objected but tried to be supportive of my anyway. Once I became Catholic, I continued to attend Lutheran services with my husband on Sunday mornings and he attend Mass with me on Saturday evening. We were a dual-service couple, which is fairly common in Catholicism.

Here's the kicker. I watched programs on EWTN (Catholic TV) and my husband watched them with me. Every single thing I learned in RCIA (the class you have to take to become Catholic), I brought home the info and shared it with my husband. We looked up everything I was being taught in my Bible, his Bible, the Catechism of the Catholic Church, all of my husband's Lutheran reference sources, and on the internet. When I finally finished RCIA and was welcomed into the Church, my husband wasn't convinced to join but he understood why I joined. Two years later my husband joined RCIA and became Catholic.

So my question is, can you sit down with your wife and ask her to have an honest to goodness Bible study? Actually go through the study book they use paragraph by paragraph and have her try to show you why you believe what she believes and you, conversely, show her why you don't? Maybe she won't agree with you but at least she'd have a better understanding of you and see that you're trying. Here is a link to a website that destroys the What Does the Bible Really Teach book. Your wife doesn't have to know you're using this info.

http://www.catholic-forum.com/members/popestleo/bibleteach.html

Your mistake was not intervening when she first began her journey with the Dubs, but how could you have known? It's much harder now to get her back.

However, if what she has is the Truth, it can stand up to scrutiny. Ask her to do her best, line by line, to convert you and to be willing to listen to your objections with an open mind and heart.

BTW, have you considered an intervention? I know someone who does interventions with JWs, might be able to help you.

StAnn

• StAnn
    StAnn

Mouthy, no, he didn't do it for me. Trust me. He was actually studying to become a Lutheran pastor. He wouldn't do anything that big for me, especially since it cost him his career. Anyway, I didn't post that story to hijack the thread into a discussion of Catholicism. I'm trying to help the OP. Trying to give him a suggestion to help him keep his marriage together, since he obviously loves his wife very much.

StAnn

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

You're on vacation...take off and do something you enjoy. Invite her to go along...if she doesn't want to go, take a friend.

Enjoy you life...NOW.

I don't think that is the answer. Marriage is supposed to mean sharing - creating good memories, having experiences together. If you aren't on the same page and won't ever be, then you make a decision - live your life going to dinner with your own friends, going on vacation alone, doing things you like alone, going to movies alone - all without combined friends or your own spouse or else check out if not physically, the emotionally and mentally.

You decide what you want in a marriage and then together you create the environment and the relationship you want. Living in a marriage without sharing much of life together can breed lonliness at all levels. If a person is happy with that sort of lifestyle, then it won't bother them - but that is a choice each one of us has to make as an individual. sammieswife.

• kzjw
    kzjw

St Ann asked..

So my question is, can you sit down with your wife and ask her to have an honest to goodness Bible study? Actually go through the study book they use paragraph by paragraph and have her try to show you why you believe what she believes and you, conversely, show her why you don't? Maybe she won't agree with you but at least she'd have a better understanding of you and see that you're trying. Here is a link to a website that destroys the What Does the Bible Really Teach book. Your wife doesn't have to know you're using this info.

We've tried that with the Michael-Jesus doctrine, however it was apparent after that she just zoned out to her thepvratic warfare "space", and it changed nothing. I am quite consumed with all of this apostate information, and can no longer contain my contempt and hatred toward the borg, and ultimately jw's...

If you can, pm me on the intervention info, I may be interested...

kzjw

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit