New article on methods of False Reasoning in the Watchtower

by jwfacts 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• catbert
    catbert

JWfacts,
    Are you a fan of the SGU?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Catbert, I'm not sure what the SGU is, so guess I can't be much of a fan.

• catbert
    catbert

Jwfacts,

The SGU podcast, "The Skeptics Guide to the Universe"

http://www.theskepticsguide.org/

Reading your post reminded me of their enphasis on understanding logical fallicies:

http://www.theskepticsguide.org/logicalfallacies.asp

I recommend their podcast. After listening to them for months, I discovered one of the founders of the SGU,

Perry DeAngelis, was married to a JW.

Catbert

• LDH
    LDH

I'm very thankful on behalf of XJWs worldwide that people such as yourself care enough to devote the time to debunking their garbage.

When I spend more than 45 seconds even looking at their minutia, my eyes can't even focus. (I'm serious here.)

I have great difficulty even holding on to their circular thought processes so I can dispute them.

So thank you for lurkers who may not even be signed up with JWD, I reviewed the site (well for at least 45 seconds LOL) and I thought it was great.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

When I spend more than 45 seconds even looking at their minutia, my eyes can't even focus. (I'm serious here.)

Whew! I thought I was the only one.

• LDH
    LDH

[/tangent] The last ASSembly I attended was in Bakersfield California bout ten years ago, I promised my parents I would go. As I sat in that seat, my @$$ literally begin to twitch, like I had some form of epilepsy. The 'brother' giving the talk said that in the New System, we would be the ones with the BIG RV's, yeah and who's laughing now, worldly people???? I left at noon and never went back. My daughter was with me, just a little one at that time, I said, daughter, this here is unadulterated bullshit. We out! Then we left and went to SouPlantation on California ave and went next door to See's Candies. That was the end of it. [tangent]

• LDH
    LDH

Except that I apologized to her for wasting her day.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm totally sure taking her to See's made up for it all.

Now where that See's catalog?

• caliber
    caliber

jwFacts,

I have been to your site many times before but this is a chance to say excellent work !

Clear, easy to follow facts.

Caliber

• Open mind
    Open mind

SGU fan here!

DEFINITELY not for JWs!

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit