New article on methods of False Reasoning in the Watchtower

by jwfacts 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I have just posted a new article on methods of False Reasoning in the Watchtower at http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/rhetorical-fallacy.htm

This discusses Rhetorical Fallacy, methods such as Red Herrings, Straw Man arguments, generalisations etc.

I would welcome any comments or proof reading. I would particularly like to know of any additional examples that I may have missed.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Excellent!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Thanks LWT.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Wow! Bravo, JWFacts... "Don't Be Fooled by Them" indeed!!!

Love,
    Baba

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Jwfacts:

Beautiful! Well done!

Nevada!-

• dietequiladie
    dietequiladie

Hey JWfacts. re. lies subheading and the Watchtower claiming not to have changed doctrine to a previous viewpoint. The generation change is also one of these flip flops, the society returning to the viewpoint held in 1927. Details and references can be found in V's/WT comments generation video. Thanks for everything by the way, I cannot even begin to express how valuable your site is.

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

Thanks

Take care,

Ismael

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Thanks, more great stuff

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Your site is the best site I've ever seen on JWs. Concise, covers all major issues, not preachy, balanced & rational. Awesome work.

As for this article, you might want to include "Will the Sodomites recieve a resurrection?" under the "changed teachings."

• Robert7
    Robert7

This is really good. False reasoning was one of the big things that got me to leave the faith, and jwfacts.org was a major part of my awakening! Glad to see this site is continuously being updated!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit