Would you legalize Polygamy?

by sammielee24 37 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

I am okay with it. I would love a threesome or more each night. Two girls though, not another man. One bad thing, the nagging in stereo.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I do not see anything wrong with polygamy, as long as it's volitional and in the open to all involved. Forced polygamy is wrong, as is having one or more involved party not knowing about the others (let alone being given the chance to decide for or against participating).

• blondie
    blondie

Why only consider polygamy--sounds like a bible based view. Why not the one woman/many husbands concept--polyandry?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Can I be one of them please?

Yes.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I'll have to ask my wife, but my guess is prolly not.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

FHN,

Have the other two remaining spots been spoken for yet ? ...just wondering yea ? ..

Caliber

Why no, no they haven't. Why do you ask, Cal?

• beksbks
    beksbks

Blondie, I'm more inclined toward polyandry myself

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Let's get back to reality. In the still-existing cultures that allow polygamy,
    virtually none are multiple-husband cultures, and the having of more than one
    wife is mostly a status symbol of wealth and power. Seldom are the women
    treated as equals to the men in these households.

Marriage is a religious institution that has crept into the everyday culture which
    is separate from religion. This religious origin makes society at large usually
    reject things outside the established norm- hence homosexual and multiple-partner
    marriages are rejected.

You paint a nice picture of a well-balanced polygamist marriage where the partners
    would be actual partners with legal rights and equality. I suppose it could be that
    way. It may very well be so in some African cultures. All religious and nonreligious
    views should be allowed (outside those that hurt people like the JW's and Mormons)
    so I have to say that I am for allowing it. But there are definitely problems to iron out.

If a husband/wife couple is equal and have many assets, does his running out and
    getting another wife without consulting with her mean that he has to split his share
    of the assets with the new wife and let the old wife keep her half, should they split?
    If not, many men would get married instead of admitting to adultery and getting a
    divorce. Every new solution would present new problems.

As for me, I would stick with one wife. I couldn't even imagine forgiving her for having
    sex with another man. I assume that she feels similar about my having sex with
    another woman. Marrying the woman would not really remove the stab that such an
    action would present. To each his own, but this is not for me.

I think a better solution in today's cultures would be a commune. Free love and freedom
    to get with whomever you want at the commune. Still, many problems. Children
    raised in such settings would not feel the stability of a mother/father relationship. Men
    would deny fatherhood and everyone would have to get paternity tests and determine
    financial responsibility. Us humans complicate everything we do. The commune would
    only really work for childless adults that remain childless.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I don't know about polyandry. I think the sexual revolution of the 60s, with the hippy free love communes kind of proved that group marriage is not easily successful.

I know that I am not one to share a guy I love with other women. Something like that could only work if I didn't love the guy.

• Scully
    Scully
    Something like that could only work if I didn't love the guy

That's what the trend toward FWBs (Friends With Benefits) is about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit