Did you dress modestly when attending CA's & DA's?

by Quirky1 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Just wondering if you were modest in your attire? I know they always preached modesy but always seen a lot of bling, bright & colorful outfits and way overdone makeup and hair styles. And they knew it! Instead of an assembly it was more of a parade and a look at me party.

Sheesh..

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I didn't have a choice. The JW lifestyle kept me broke most of the time. I couldn't afford to be anything but modest in my attire.

W

• Scully
    Scully

Of course my dress appeared modest at CAs and DAs.

How else would I get away with not wearing panties?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Men tend to be modest, anyway. Especially religious men. There were some flashy young people,
    but rarely would they go beyond the accepted norms. Once I resigned as an elder, I never wore a suit.
    I always wore dockers and a button-up shirt with some pattern on it and a tie that (barely) didn't clash
    with the shirt. If i needed a jacket for warmth, it was a sweater or a nice casual jacket on top of the
    shirt and tie. Although that is not really proper JW-wear, even that is modest.

• whatistruth
    whatistruth

as a guy i never wore a jacket

• lancelink
    lancelink

I was one of those people that always dressed up for a CA or DA.
    One year I was an attendant at Hawthorne race track at Cicero Illinois and i actually wore black
    gym shoes instead of dress shoes, man did i feel like a rebel.
    Several years later, we went to Cominski park in Chicago, there I was dressed in a suit and tie being an attendant.
    Little did I know, but in the afternoon the sun was shining full blast on my section and boy was it HOT.
    My whole attitude toward dressing up for the assembly changed that day, I never wore anything greater that dockers and a lite jacket
    after that afternoon

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I was conservative with my suits. It was mostly the hair that annoyed the elders

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I really did my whole life, long skirts, sweater sets. Nothing low cut or revealing. My husband did a lot of Dockers and sport coats. I just didn't understand traipsing around a stadium in high heels and a flamboyant outfit was just unseemly to me and still is. And I never believed in putting a baby or small child in a ridiculous suit and hard shoes all day.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I always thought it strange to put 20k people in a room and to try to make them as uncomfortable as possible in order to learn something. Yea I got alot out of a program with the sun beating on my head in a suit sitting on a plastic chair so that my pants are stuck on my ass because I'm sweating like crazy. Oh and I can't drink anything during the talks so as not to appear rude.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Scully,

:How else would I get away with not wearing panties?

This is SO Kewl! We have much more in common than I dreamed. I never wore panties to the Assemblies, either! I wore bras (in good taste, of course), but I never wore panties. Well, maybe I did once, but they were THEOCRATIC panties.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit