Did you dress modestly when attending CA's & DA's?

by Quirky1 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Quandry
    Quandry

I was a sincere dub. Of course I dressed modestly. I felt that it was to honor God and Jesus. I tried my best.

• yknot
    yknot

When I was small my mom would dress my sister and I in matching costumes.

We did the holly hobby/Laura Ingalls look for awhile, then later on it was mock Laura Ashley outfits.

When we got to be teenagers we wore matching sundresses with shrugs.

Even now most people in my circuit think my sister and I are fraternal twins.

This year the girls at my KH all wore the same dress (drop waist)to the DC, and matching mom & daughter shift dresses to the CA (2007-2008).

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

For the most part, yea. Until I hit my mid 20s then I started to wear off color stuff. Like a dark blue pin-stripe 3-piece suit with a black shirt and a white tie and hanky. Or a red shirt and red tie....The chicks dug me, but I got the wierd eye from my bs conductor...LOL

• Kudra
    Kudra

Holy Hell- the brothers at the San Francisco conventions at the Cow Palace were anything but.

Never in my life had I seen a SUIT that was totally banana YELLOW. Or bright BLUE. Like electric blue.

Sisters were -meh. I guess there were immodest outfits but nothing that was out of the ordinary- all the (worldly of course) girls in our high schools wore miniskirts so it was nothing new.

Oh, also some older black sisters has quite the get-ups. The hats! I guess they are called "Easter Hats"??

-Kudra. -misses the RUSH you'd get walking through the main entrance into the Cow Palace first day of the Convention...

• yknot
    yknot

I never attended any assemblies in San Francisco but I visited some of the KHs.....

I have never seen JW men dressed & looked so GQ...... enough that I had to inquire if they were straight and I was told that the SF culture demanded such fine tailoring to be taken seriously in FS.

• StAnn
    StAnn

I was always pushing the envelope, rebelling in my attire. Eventually, I discovered that I was rebelling against the WTS and, after leaving it, stopped trying to satisfy my need to rebel through my clothing. Leaving the cult was the magic bullet!

I dress more modestly now than at any other time in my life. But it's because I've learned that, if you don't want men to treat you like mindless sex objects, you shouldn't dress like one. A man can't take a woman seriously if he can't take his eyes off her cleavage.

StAnn

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I dressed exactly the same for the Big, Great, and Grand Boasting Session (and the REJECT Jesus Party) as for any other boasting session.

• foreverfree
    foreverfree

I always wore a full double breasted suit to the CA. But at the DA I wore lite shirt and tie and dark pants. But I loved the DA just to check out the sisters. I remember walking around at Veterans Stadium and walking up the steps and the sisters would unconsciously be sitting with their legs slightly spread and the view was hypnotic. Plus the sisters would dress better than at the KH. I loved when they wore the sexy strappy heels. Thinking back, thats the only thing I liked going to the DA for. I was such a sex hog back then.

Of course I dressed modestly! I usually wore "stars and stripes" Speedos and nothing else.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    Did you dress modestly when attending CA's & DA's?

Yes except for one year. My mother was seriously looking for someone to marry me off too. So she would tell me to put on this skin tight white dress with red flowers. Talk about advertizing your wares. I was tall and way too thin and that dress hugged every curve.

I would never let my daughter or granddaughter wear a dress like that. I certainly wound never have insisted they wear it. It was just downright tawdry. Makes me wonder who she was trying to sell me off to

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit