Did you dress modestly when attending CA's & DA's?

by Quirky1 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• wonderwoman
    wonderwoman

nipple tassels and fishnets...

• wonderwoman
  • Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Sorry wonderwoman. My mother forgot to buy those for me

• chicken little
    chicken little

Always modest outwardly...never wore knickers though....used to crease my hubby up. Sat behind a sister once in a backless slinky red dress...when she got up to do the walz to the loos, every male head in our section moved to the right...then back to the front after being dug in the ribs by their mates...haha..very funny. Heard counsel from the platform about sisters not giving the brothers a hard time (sorry about the pun) by wearing revealing clothing. I was cured of the new outfit for every day of the convention when I had our first baby, two months old and throwing up all over me...... We were volunteers on the book cover desk for years at Twickenham, England...we looked out onto the outside concourse...it was full of the cruisers and headlights...wow did they think they were something. Still on reflection what else was there to do if you wanted to catch a mate while you still had some looks?

Those were the days....oh just remembered I was know as the girl with the odd coloured, patterned stockings....loved Mary Quant, flowers, bright stripes you name it....not looked on with approval in a small cong.

chicken little

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    then later on it was mock Laura Ashley outfits.

That's a blast from the past yknot! I remember wearing the Laura Ashley dresses in the late '80's.

Trouble was the range was fairly limited and there were 500 girls my age at the convention so you could guarantee seeing at least 50 others in your dress.

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

yep. didn't want to stumble anyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit