Let's predict the next 10 years of "noolite"

by Awakened at Gilead 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• watson
    watson

I can see your point H. The talk given last MS/SM seemed to pave the way for this kind of thing. We shall see.

OTWO, I have been feeling the same way about "reporting time." As the society becomes more apparently fallable, independent types will resist turning in time to be measured by. It's a big move for pubs to do this, but I know I did. Haven't been "approached" yet about being inactive. When it happens, I will just say that I don't want my worship measured anymore by the org.

• Mary
    Mary

I've long thought that they'd change the 144,000 to being a "symbolic" number and believe that they'll do this in the not too distant future. It's one of those doctrines that would actually benefit them as it would answer alot of questions that they presently find embarassing. It would explain the number of JWs partaking each year but would in no way diminish the Governing Body's authority over the R&F.

What do you think about 1914.. will that be scrapped? Will there be noolite that 607 was wrong after all? And bring them into the 21st century? Do you think that they will keep on pointing out the 120 years issue?

I think they'd like to get rid of 1914 and if they hadn't been stupid enough to claim they were chosen as the Slave in 1918, they could have easily abandoned it decades ago. After all, if Jesus returns invisibly, you can stick any date on there. I can't really see though how they'd get rid of 1914 without scrapping their ridiculous idea about their being "appointed over all his belongings" in 1918.

I think they'll probably try to find a way to allow blood transfusions on a very limited basis. They're simply getting too much bad publicity about it---especially when it involves children. I could see them doing an article showing how sacred life is and that although Jehovah doesn't want us taking blood into our body, in a life or death situation "each Christian must decide for themselves what they will accept."

I can't see them getting rid of disfellowshipping as that's their Get Out of Jail Free card-----It shuts the accuser up without the WTS having an accountability whatsoever.

One thing I can see coming is the governments taxing religions. I figure the Borg will kick and scream louder than anyone else on this and at the same time, excitedly tell the flock that this is the beginning of the goverments "turning on religion".

I predict Paris Hilton will become a Dub and she and The Witness Formerly Known as Prince will start pioneering in Zimbawee.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    The Witness Formerly Known as Prince

LOL.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

My prediction is that they'll make losing the "Unbaptized Publisher" status on par with disassociation. I already get shunned by some for this, so why not make it official?

I also believe that they will get rid of the public version of the Watchtower and KEEP the Awake. They could easily combine the two magazines into one, but they will keep the Awake name because it's not as tarnished as the Watchtower name. Or they may come up with an entirely new name for this magazine. This is one way to change the stigma attached to the names of their magazines and will increase placements.

This one is a long shot, but they will declare that Armageddon has started. Of course the first stage of Armageddon will last for freakin' ever, but it'll buy them at least a hundred years.

• watson
    watson

Nos,

They will not drop the Watch Tower. I think you are close though. They will do away with the pubic issue, and use the Watch Tower as the newsletter to the congregations that it has become.

Watchtower - Congregations only

Awake - Public Propaganda

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

I think your Armageddon "long shot" would be quite a smart move by them to increase their control . . .

Edit your post quick and remove it before anyone at Headquarters reads it and nicks your idea LOL

• sir82
    sir82
    My prediction is that they'll make losing the "Unbaptized Publisher" status on par with disassociation.

That would be "old light". That's the way it was until some time in the mid-to-late 80's or so.

Of course, light-on / light-off flickering flip-flops have been done on numerous occasions before, so who knows?

This one is a long shot, but they will declare that Armageddon has started. Of course the first stage of Armageddon will last for freakin' ever, but it'll buy them at least a hundred years.

That's close to what they used to teach, too. The official doctrine from the 20's through the late 60's was that the Great Tribulation had started in 1914, but Jehovah kind of suspended it in the middle to give time for the "sheep" to be gathered.

also believe that they will get rid of the public version of the Watchtower and KEEP the Awake. They could easily combine the two magazines into one, but they will keep the Awake name because it's not as tarnished as the Watchtower name.

I think they very well might drop one magazine, but i suspect it would be the Awake. They are proud of their 130 year unbroken history of publishing the magazine named "Watchtower" - it is too much a part of them to drop it.

• yknot
    yknot

I think we are saddled with this clampdown for most of that 10 years! We won't even peak until next year when we are reading the Ted's Commandments book!

That said.....

The only noolite I see is along the organizational structure and procedure.

I guess in the end it really all depends if the organization is planning its 'great escape' and closing shop or if someone steps in and makes bold changes to ensure a more prosperous existence.

Many/Most/Majority of JWs are happy with the ideology of being unconscious in death. They accept readily the concept that Jesus will employ 144,000 individuals in his theocratic 1000 year reign.....there isn't a strong desire for this to change and it would be a mistake to do so….. The numbers increase is easy to fix too. All the WTS has to do is allow everyone to partake alongside the anointed or to cease reporting the numbers.

607, 1914, 1918-1919......They would have to admit they aren't appointed, thus officially handing over 'power'......not a strong possibility especially if you can just stop talking about them in the publications and talks They are already changing the focus of 1914 and the end via generation. I agree with OTWO about 2034 (and with many other things he has pointed out) too. I remember that date being talked about either in ‘79 or ’80.

The Mormons preach door to door, have created a lifestyle experience, and have a high retaining rate, and growing in membership even though their doctrines are wacky …….if you combine their retaining points such as lifestyle with our preaching zeal then it could get the WTS out of it’s slump. Many of the JWs I know, myself included didn’t mind the preaching work (but we would appreciate the hours reduction). The problem arises when younger ones like me don’t feel the organization is the ‘best hope’ anymore so we slack and fake. If the doctrines were a bit more kinder, gentler and less exclusive saddled with a ‘lifestyle’ package similar to the LDS then those ‘downhearted’ ones would be more active in recruitment.

Gilead can be extended to include private schools, homeschool, and a university.

The WTS can set up a network list of ‘Brother/Sister” owned businesses. Insist on the faithful to frequent these businesses first, while the businesses themselves give a contribution to the organization.

A youth preaching department similar to the LDS would be a good idea, that way most JW kids would serve two years in full-time FS and perhaps get a discount at a Gilead based JW University. The same university could have preaching prerequisite courses where you have a 15 minute Service Meeting and then drive out to a territory for an hour or two of door knocking.....

The harvest work needs to implement more quality enhancing aspects versus sheer quantity.

The Awake and Public Wt can be morphed as a promo pub and still have the SE for more serious sales directives.

Gonna have to spend money to make money.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    I think they very well might drop one magazine, but i suspect it would be the Awake. They are proud of their 130 year unbroken history of publishing the magazine named "Watchtower" - it is too much a part of them to drop it.

Yeah, they could still distribute a WT and Awake each month to tyhe public, but then rename the private WT to something like "Jehovah's Witnesses Bible Study Magazine - Announcing New Light from our Asses"

A@G

• Mary
    Mary
    Yeah, they could still distribute a WT and Awake each month to tyhe public, but then rename the private WT to something like "Jehovah's Witnesses Bible Study Magazine - Announcing New Light from our Asses

Way ahead of ya bro......Here's one of the covers I did a few months ago:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit