Let's predict the next 10 years of "noolite"

by Awakened at Gilead 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    The thing is, the car would probably routinely run out of gas because of the team thinking that the end of the race is just around the corner.

That is hilarious! I almost woke up my sleeping child, laughing.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I think they'll try to hold to the literal 144000 by explaining that Other Sheep have been gathered along with the anointed since 33CE. That means that millions have been partaking unworthily, but were forgiven when they died and will be resurrected to earth. And they'll probably say that the 144000 are only "brothers". Any believing women are automatically "other sheep" and will be cooking, cleaning, and sewing for the resurrected.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I predict Paris Hilton will become a Dub and she and The Witness Formerly Known as Prince will start pioneering in Zimbawee.

Hilarious!!!

My prediction: INFANT BAPTISM

Why wait? If they can dunk kids at eight or nine and hold them to their "dedication" as adults, why not a few months old?

That would boost the numbers too-think how encouraging that would be to announce at the next convention. (Although completely immersing little ones may result in some annoying cries-and standing up and answering the questions may require a bit of help)

They could say it's like Samuel-he was intended before birth to be given into service.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

The 144,000 will become symbolic, all christians will then be able to partake of the "emblems".

The WT will try to become more mainstream to bring in new members and will announce it is now up to our consciences whether or not we want to celebrate our birthdays or other "minor" holidays. Lets face it, most dubs are doing these holidays in secret anyway. Christmas and Halloween will still be off limits

Infant baptism is a strong possibility because most of the dribel the WT prints today can be easily seen as hogwash by any well read 5 year old

Another change to the blood transfusion policy due to pressure from lawmakers, which I am hoping will lead to the largest exodus we have seen thus far in JW land

I also predict a great uprising from within the organization itself and a chasm split similiar to what happened with the World wide church of God. The WT will be split in half with one half being more like regular churches and the other being more legalistic than ever.

• yknot
    yknot

They can change the memorial to include everyone via mediation and still keep their specialness via a literal 144,000. Frankly most JWs don't want to go to heaven and are quite happy with the prospect of being resurrected or surviving into a continued earthly exsistence.

Most wouldn't blink much of an eye..... the light is getting brighter because the end is nigh!

Rejoice and que the music to song 87

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

When the exodus gains momentum they will pull out the "love of the greater number cooling off scripture" and apply it to themselves. Even more proof of the closeness of Armageddon.Roll Eyes 4

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

My prediction: INFANT BAPTISM

Why wait? If they can dunk kids at eight or nine and hold them to their "dedication" as adults, why not a few months old?

That would boost the numbers too-think how encouraging that would be to announce at the next convention. (Although completely immersing little ones may result in some annoying cries-and standing up and answering the questions may require a bit of help)

That's not gonna help their numbers... as it is, they count those who go out in service, i.e., are publishers. Probably about 10-20% of the 6-7 million drones are unbaptized publishers... baptizing babies will not increase the number of pubs unless they change their methodology for counting heads...

It seems that the 144,000 and/or the excess current anointed is a recurring theme on this thread... hmmmmm... Brooklyn lurker, take notes!

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

LOL @ Jeremy C response about NASCAR

Soon as I read that I immediately thought of when Rutherford declared "Advertise,Advertise,Advertise the King and his Kingdom"

Oh I needed that laugh tremendously. Thanks Jeremy C

StoneWall

• still_in74
    still_in74
    Blood totally matter of conscience. I can see it now . . .
    "Some Christians have increasingly been led to believe that accepting blood is a matter of conscience - how should we view them? It would not be right for us to stand in judgement, everyone must bear their own load before God."

agree 100% - i am willing to bet money on this!

What do you think about 1914.. will that be scrapped? Will there be noolite that 607 was wrong after all? And bring them into the 21st century? Do you think that they will keep on pointing out the 120 years issue?

1914 will become only the end of the gentile times. It virtually is that now, but all the other connectivity to it will be "less-stressed" and eventually forgotten about.
    They wont need to worry about 607 cause 1914 wont be important anyway. Think about it - why work so hard to continue to defend 607? Just continue the steady drift away from 1914 and no one will care anyway.

Having said that, the WT continues to constantly refer to 607 BCE instead of just forgetting about it and focusing on 1914. They CONSTANTLY refer to 607. My only explanation is the constant reinforcement so that should anyone ever say a different date they will immediately scream apostate. Thus the WTS still wants R&F to think Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 even though they know it wasnt. (countless threads on this)

I guess the only date left is 1914 - all other dates have been exposed as false and scrapped. But 1914 was WW1 - that was the "sign" - its the only date in JW history where something of any signifiigance actually happened! They have to keep it at least as the end of the GT.
    what will change is not the date but the definition of anything connected to it to lessen its importance.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

he official history book "Proclaimers" has already said p137

"The Bible Students came to realise that Christ DID NOT RETURN (even invisibly) in1914"

At some time future the flock will be beaten for not keeping up with God's Celestial Cahriot for having failed to notice this change which has slipped past the sheeple.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit