Let's predict the next 10 years of "noolite"

by Awakened at Gilead 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• halcyon
    halcyon

<quote>Another change to the blood transfusion policy due to pressure from lawmakers, which I am hoping will lead to the largest exodus we have seen thus far in JW land</quote>

I think if legal court cases require a change in "official" policy, they will cry "persecution!" and say that "to obey the law of the land means we cant' tell you not to have a transfusion, but each JW needs to individually examine the bible along with his heart and see that the bible doesn't change, and we still need to obey god's law."

So they will wash their hands of the matter "officially", and no longer be involved in advice, etc., but throw it upon the individual to privately comply (and without any support). Then, when people do take a transfusion, they will be viewed as "weak" and shaky in their faith, and there will be unwritten social sanctions against them.

But when questioned legally, the WTS will say, "it was their own choice!"

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Judas, Pharoah and Onan will become members of the Annointed Class.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'm kinda liking the old light. Can someone direct me to an air bath house free of aluminum?

• oompa
    oompa

All unnatural birth control such as condoms and the pill will be forbidden. Therefore, only withdrawal, oral, and anal sex will be accepted methods of contraception...........oompa

• megawatt
    megawatt

-I think the 144,000 will become 'symbolic', as the number of 'anointed' continues to climb- Or, they all become males and reclaim their virginity... Disfellowshipping will no longer be practiced and the blood issue would cease to exist, in no particular order in the next 10 years...

• independent_tre
    independent_tre
    Broaden "service hours" to include a choice of alternatives to preaching, including acts of mercy and other good deeds. What if the entire congregation met at the Kingdom Hall on specific Saturdays and volunteered for whatever aspect of service they felt like doing? Some would go evangelizing, others could be given a list of publishers in need of some support, such as chores, meals, companion care, and so forth, and friends could go and tend to those needs. Still others would care for maintenance needs at the Hall, such as cleaning or landscaping. Other options could be determined as well. The operating philosophy would be, everyone has different gifts. That way, everyone in the congregation would be involved in some form of "service" and it would serve to unite. Everyone would get equal credit for these hours on their monthly reports, or the reports could be done away with.

This actually sounds agreeable; I know some hope that changes will come to make them a more mainstream religion. This would help out a lot of folks.

• still_in74
    still_in74

is there new light anymore? Does the Org actually use this term anymore?

I dont think so. I think just the R&F say it. This way the GB doesnt have to. they get the same impact on the R&F but have breathing room to backpeddle when what they said fails (as it always does)

• sir82
    sir82

2. Broaden "service hours" to include a choice of alternatives to preaching, including acts of mercy and other good deeds. What if the entire congregation met at the Kingdom Hall on specific Saturdays and volunteered for whatever aspect of service they felt like doing? Some would go evangelizing, others could be given a list of publishers in need of some support, such as chores, meals, companion care, and so forth, and friends could go and tend to those needs. Still others would care for maintenance needs at the Hall, such as cleaning or landscaping. Other options could be determined as well. The operating philosophy would be, everyone has different gifts. That way, everyone in the congregation would be involved in some form of "service" and it would serve to unite. Everyone would get equal credit for these hours on their monthly reports, or the reports could be done away with.

A wonderful idea. Therefore, it will never take place, at least not under the current collection of GB members.

I think the Society was actually moving in this direction in the late 70's with the emphasis on "sacred service" more than "field service" - even going so far as to change the name of the interal newsheet "Our Kingdom Ministry" to "Our Kingdom Service". I believe that was due largely to the influence of Ray Franz and other "liberal" JW leaders.

Of course, such a balanced, reasonable idea was concocted by "apostates", and so long as there are GB members who remember those "scary" days of the late 70's and early 80's, this idea will never be put into practice.

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

With the need to maintain unquestioned authority that is concentrated at the top, I expect to see that the Governing Body itself will be declared the Faithful and Discreet Slave.

The "domestics" that the Slave serves food to will be all those others in the household, including those with a heavenly hope and an earthly hope.

This way, those claiming to be anointed cannot claim to be part of the slave-class and, therefore, are not qualified to be part of the channel of communication. Really, this definition makes more sense than saying "the slave is a composite that serves itself", which is how their current "understanding" interprets Matthew 24:45.

• dozy
    dozy
    I expect to see that the Governing Body itself will be declared the Faithful and Discreet Slave.

I would expect to see this as well. An obvious extension of scrapping the term "Presiding Overseer" is scrapping "Governing Body" which many high-up JWs have been uncomfortable with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit