WT backtracking fast on Book Study -High Gas Prices

by stillajwexelder 77 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• halcyon
    halcyon

and heck, in the future they can just study a NEWSLETTER if they want. (oh wait, that's the WT study and Service Meeting.) OR, how about taking the #4 talk and assigning it to everybody to research, and discuss that? Totally no book at all! Thus the change in name from book study to bible study.

But, I don't really see that so much, as there'd be too much room for thought and discussion. I see the information being so dumbed down that the WT could publish a few paragraphs, print a couple of dumb obvious questions at the bottom, limit comments to 30 seconds each, and be able to completely stifle thought and discussion.

Really, thinking back, the only two meetings we really got ANYTHING new out of was the Book Study and the WT study. Public talks were really basic summaries of world events and common scriptures, Service Meeting was just a sales meeting, and the Ministry School was just a mass of jumbled topics that focused more on performance than actually learning anything new.

*wow*

It's amazing and profound to me that they're cutting back on one of the main sources of actual deep bible discussions we ever had. The only place we studied the actual Bible (well, as close as it gets in JW) in depth.

*wow*

• mustang
    mustang
    All these theories on why they cancelled the bookstudy aren't true.
    The real reason they cancelled the bookstudy was to put and end to goody night.

But wait... what would you pay....

There is no need to stop goody nite: now it can be held informally as ...GOODY NIGHT...

Cakes and cookies galore...

Just don't invite:

Satanic gluttony goes on at them goody nights !!! Let the obesity crackdown begin!
    B the X

Mustang

• 1914BS
    1914BS

With all the extra free time on tuesday nights the Jdub might want to study math ....oh but wait that is now going to be Faminly Worship night... oh right what was I thinking of

• mouthy
    mouthy

Someone said>within their family groups)? Would the elders start waving the Sept 97 KM in their faces?And what would happen if such ones decided to all meet up together in one of their homes to study and have fellowship (while the rest of the congregation meets

Well when they met together in Brooklyn to have private bible studies they put the KIBosh on it,That is what I heard.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes the private Bible studies in Brooklyn was from Ed Dunlap and it was the beginning of the end for him

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

BTTT because of minimus thread

• boyzone
    boyzone

Its a shame for the oldies though. My elderly mum and dad loved the book study. They went to a day group with a fun social night once a month. The group members would take it in turns to host the fun and food.

These older ones haven't got families in the sense of little ones to teach so whats the point of family study night for them?

My dad will use it as a good reason to watch telly for another night.

I've got mixed feelings about it all. I'm sorry that their limited social life has been further cut but I'm not sorry that there's one less indoctrination session.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

talked to a buddy of mine who is still active. He was out in service and was told by thew CO visiting that for the most part. The BS was down to an avg of 40-60% attendance. Now obviously the GB could not admit to that figure if it were true. After all, isn't the work supposed to speed up in the end? But if it is, it's pretty revealing why this arrangement came to an end.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit