WT backtracking fast on Book Study -High Gas Prices

by stillajwexelder 77 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Rivington
    Rivington

Has the Society ever made any mention of the insurance implications of holding official meetings in private homes? Do the Kingdom Halls' public liability insurance policies include cover for Book Studies or do they tell householders they must seek advice from their own insurers? Or have they just been turning a blind eye to it until now? Rob C

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

All these theories on why they cancelled the bookstudy aren't true.

The real reason they cancelled the bookstudy was to put and end to goody night.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Interesting that now the Witness leaders are in the position of having to promote reasons why Witnesses don't need to go to arranged meetings. When I was a kid I thought it was a huge good deal if we didn't have to go in service an hour before the book study on Tuesday night.

Those were the times we were required to put in 10 hours a week door to door. It went on for years. That really, really sucked!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Another case of telling you that it always was this way when they just changed it. Transportation is not the reason--controling others is, and always was going to be.

• minimus
    minimus

The letter is plain. Gas prices were mentioned in the letter. Whoever wrote that letter is DUMB. They HAD to correct it!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Moo:

The real reason they cancelled the bookstudy was to put and end to goody night.

Satanic gluttony goes on at them goody nights !!! Let the obesity crackdown begin!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The idea mentioned about taking a longer time to go through a study book (because meeting will only be 30 minutes) and not needing to publish as many is a good one.

• shamus100
    shamus100

How many books have been placed in the 'field'? How many publishers literally gave them away so they could count the placement? All thrown in the trash. And who donates? Nobody. Just publishers - and I wasn't one of them!

It sounds very plausible that this is the new thinking - it seems as though the books are not coming out as much nowadays.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

exactly shamus100

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Interesting change of attitude by the dubs in my family..At first it was amazed disappointment that the Tuesday Study was stopping. Now that attitude has been replaced by looking forward to free night. It does not include extra studying that night. The attitude now is that if the Society do not think that they need it, why do they have to go out on a Tuesday?

They have been primed to get used to the idea that the new study will only be 25 minutes and the conductor has a lot to get through, so they must limit their answers to no more than 30 seconds each. They do not like that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit