Joe the Plumber

by BurnTheShips 108 Replies latest social current

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

If McCain gets elected the economy is going to continue heading south.

The only chance to turn this country around is to elect Obama.

With all of the jobs gone and no new ones being created and our welfare to Iraq, there are bills to pay.

I say let the rich and the corporations pay more.

There not going to go a way, the debt and bills. This republican war in Iraq is what has caused this depression.

Let the rich republicans pay for it.

George Bush and the republicans had 8 years to create jobs

They had 8 years to deal with the energy crisis.

They had 8 years to find Bin Laden.

McCain will be 4 more years just like the past 8.

I cant afford that my 401 K has been Bushwacked and is in the crapper.

The economy is based on emotions.

The republicans give off voodo bad vibes to the stock market and economy.

The market went flat through out Bushs theft of the presidency.

The republicans are hoping there are enough of you stupid ding bats to vote to protect their money.

And you might win because there are deffinitely more stupid people in this world than those that can think.

I only hope your too stupid to find the car keys on election day.

But if that happens daddy Bush will just fix the election anyway.

If there are any rich republicans posting here, which I doubt, because if you were you would be tending your garden and counting your money and not wasting your time with human endeavors here.

But if there is a lone rich republican here, this is class warfare. Like aerosmith say Eat the Rich.

To all you republican want a be's.

Dont vote on election day this country cant afford your stupidity.

Watch some Nascar reruns instead. Please, Bubba's and Bubettes.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Sammielee24,

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    I do not vote a party ticket when it comes to the Chief Executive position of our government.

I vote for whomever I think has demonstrated the better tools and disposition to act responsibly and in the best interest of the country. Voting a ticket when it comes to the top job is, in my view, reckless.

McCain voted for the Columbian free trade and clearly said in his debates that he supports full global free trade. I do not believe (and thats just one issue) that doing so works for the best interests of anyone including the country. Obama voted down the Columbian free trade agreement because it did nothing to clean up the human rights abuses. That does a great deal for the country including the ability to begin changing the image of the USA around the world by separating corporate greed from corruption and abuse.

I believe that a person represented by a party, is that party. The strings are pulled from behind and in McCains case that is obvious when you see a man who used to fight clean, now being reduced to fighting dirty by his campaign managers. McCain has sold out his integrity in this campaign and that is a clear indicator that he will sell out the people for his dream. The government is run by corporations - we saw that with the Wall Street debacle. It will not stop when McCain is in office and should he have a heart attack trying to buck the system, a far worse person in Palin would step in. That would destroy the last shreds of the USA. I am far more confident that should something happen to Obama and Biden were running the country, it would not get flushed down the toilet.

So we agree to disagree.

The country will be a more productive, peaceful and prosperous place at the end of 4 years with Obama in the lead I believe. sammieswife

• dawg
    dawg

Marvin says this... LOL!

"I pay my fair share because I pay tax at a RATE similar to middle-income earners. This is fair because I pay MORE tax, but not at a higher RATE of tax. By increasing my tax rate unfairness is unavoidable for this honest paying member of the American Tax Payers’ Association"111.

You are full of crap Marvin... LOL! I refuse to be suckered into your ridiculous argument... If you don't know how to hide money then, there's no nice way to say it, you are a nut and that's your problem not mine! LOL!

Businesses know how to hide money from the IRS, I don't blame you for not perjuring yourself on this site, but I'm willing to bet you do it just like every business owner I've known over the years.

Your taxes will be increased Marvin, as well they should be... better yet, what should happen is the fair tax... then your ass would pay a progressive tax sure enough then... I bet you'd complain about that too!

Your complaints are falling on deaf ears Marvin, if you don't know how to hide money then get yourself a new accountant... LOL! But stop acting like you're giving more to the system percent wise as the rest of us, as I've said earlier, I'm willing to bet if the truth be known, you pay less percent of your income than anyone in the middle class who doesn't own their own business.

And last but not least, Joe the Plumber is a hoax... LOL!

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Dawg,

Thanks for your responses. They are very telling.

Marvin Shilmer

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Dawg,

You are quite the accusation hurler, and quick at it.

What is amazing on this thread is how quick you are to malign the character of a participant yet fail to offer a single straightforward answer to so many straightforward questions asked by the same participant. Such behavior is typical for character that is quick to hurl defamatory accusations, which you do in spades. What exactly to you expect people to learn from this behavior?

Marvin Shilmer

• darth frosty
  • SixofNine
    SixofNine

Dawg, I don't see any reason to speculate on what Marvin may or may not do wrt tax strategy. He seems squarely at odds with progressive taxation and seems to believe that the Bush strategy of cutting taxes on the wealthy is the way to go. That can be argued on it's glaring lack of merits.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Sixofnine,

If by “progressive taxation” you mean increasing a person’s rate of tax as their income increases then, yes, I disagree with it. I am for a flat tax. Let the rate of taxation remain constant and let the government get more by me making more rather than them collecting a premium because I make more.

Bush? From a fiscal perspective my view is that he is a traitor to the nation. Until a couple years ago the only word he knew was “spend”.

Marvin Shilmer

• dawg
    dawg

Marvin, you're dishonest about your taxes-I know how business works. If you think I don't how businesses hide earnings, then I have a bridge to nowhere I want to sell you.,.

Joe the Plumber was a fraud... an idiot... the information I gave was from NSMBC.. I didn't make it up.

Sixofnine-I'm not speculating a damned thing about taxes, I've ran several businesses and I know how taxes work... if anyone that owns their own business, makes over 250K, and pays more percent of income than middle class America, then its their own damned fault or they need a new accountant..

As I've said over and over, you can't piss on my leg and tell me its raining! Its not speculating its a damned fact.

Almost every business I've worked for, the owners legitimately used tax breaks, and some had slush money... everyone uses legitimate tax credits although, it breaks no law; but if you add that up, they usually pay less percent of income than real "Joe the plumbers" out there.. That's a fact not an opinion! Or as I said, they need a new accountant.

Marvin knows this all too well... don't let Marvin fool you... LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit