I need some help & suggestions

by Nosferatu 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

AudeSapere, I agree wholeheartedly with what you just said. However, I think you'll find what I'm going to do actually quite tasteful and non-adolescent.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Keep in mind that doing nothing, can speak volumes. When I left my previous broker, he had a lot to say. I said nothing and gathered my personal items without the slightest reaction. It drove him crazy that I became so dismissive.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Wow, you guys don't have any faith in me to deliver it well, do you? I'll let you in on what I'm doing tomorrow.

Here's a hint: I'm leaving my workplace.... ex-JW apostate style :D

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I have faith in your ability to deliver. Just suggesting that you consider the wisdom in doing so.

Cheap Thrills and all that.

Sometimes silent grace and dignity increases self and public esteem.

You'll make the right decision. Leaving was the best and biggest one.

-Aude.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    - "Nos, I need you to go back and speak with Ron again. I understand the trials and tribulations associated with paperwork but, we really need that extra week to address the succession of your position. After ten [10] years, I don’t think this is too much to ask. We would never have terminated your employment with LV with only a 2-week notice period.

If it would be easier for you, I can contact Ron directly to discuss the extra week. Please let me know how you would like us to proceed."

Oh hell no. That is not YOUR responsibility.

"Sorry, but they want me to start right away." Period.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

When I was young. I tried quitting a job and had a similar experience as the one you describe.

I tried to be a good guy and ended up screwing myself, I still regret it to this day.

Over time I found that when a company is through with you they will shxt you out that very day.

I say be true to yourself because no one else is going to worry about you.

Do what is best for you.

2 weeks notice is plenty and more than I have recieved several times in my life from employers.

And I'm not flighty. I worked at my first job 5 years. My second job 23 years, my current job 3 years.

And I had a few jobs that let me go with one days notice.

I work for a jail in a state here in the US. They have gone through 150 officers in the three years I have been here. They think nothing of firing someone. They go through 4 officers a month.

My whole shift had to go into the Captains office this morning we were talking amongst ourselves, "what does the captain want". More than one officer said pink slips for the whole shift.

No one got fired, but thats how it is out here in the world.

Do what's right for you. 2 weeks notice is plenty.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Just say. Unfortunately it cannot be done. Ron wants me at that time and as that company is my new employer from x date I have to comply. Regards Nos.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    that is HIS problem not yours

Yep. Get out now. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. Just bug out. You're more honorable than me, after that I'd have just walked out the door then and there!

Chris

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I recently left a posotion of 22 yrs. I gave them 5wks (based on 5wks of time in my vacation bank). They still wanted me to stay longer. I did not. I notice you are willing to compromise (weekends ect) and he is not. Your loyalty should now be with your new employer.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Nos,

First of all, your loyalty should NOT be to any employer, neither your current one OR the soon-to-be-employer. Do what is best for you!!! Your life or future should not be up for negotiation. Do not communicate to your soon-to-be-employer about the needs of your current employer. Its a waste of his\her time. Do not respond back to current employer about staying longer. If your current employer ask you again about staying let him know that you "are working things out with your new employer". If he volunteers again to contact your new employer, let him know that you are capable of working it out (say it with a smile). Whatever you do, don't play games or pull any tricks\pranks or try to prove anything. Just be professional and short but kind with your responses.

Then on YOUR last day, as you exit out the door, click 'send' on your good-bye email and don't look back. Worrying about having a good-bye party? Then contact your old co-workers for a lunch\happy hour during the first week at your new position.

Congrats on your new position at a new company!!!

Shop.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit