Christmas Tree Pictures-Post them

by Pierced Angel 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

We put our first tree up, a blue spruce with white lights and a hodge podge of ornaments and a little tinsel. It's beautiful and was a lot of fun, the kids were so picky about choosing where to put their ornaments. Anyone else have a picture of their tree to post? I'd love to see them.

Anne

[img src=" http://midmichweb.com/cervatree2.jpg";]

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I do not have a picture of mine but it has red ribbions with red and gold bells and white lights. I like to keep it simple but it sure does look great.

"I don't want someone in my life I can live with, I want someone in my life I can't live without."

• LB
    LB

I so want to put up a Christmas tree again. But my fears about getting DFed and screwing up a relationship with my son keeps me from doing that. I wonder if after 3 years being inactive and no association with witnesses makes me safe yet? Before my wife and I got stupid and got baptized she had the prettiest trees. She's collected hallmark ornamments since the early 70's. Oh, we didn't get rid of them either, just hid them.

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

Hey LB,

We threw out some that were given us when we first got married and I'm upset about that, but we found beautiful bulbs, tinsel, lights and everything we needed at a dollar store. It was really reasonable to do the whole tree. We splurged on some special ornaments at Bronner's Christmas Store as a family tradition to start enjoying (world's biggest Christmas store).
    Make some Christmas cookies and share with friends, you can't get in trouble for making cookies.

Anne

• Kristen
    Kristen

oops

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Pierced Angel

Why didn't you place a "star" at the top? Satan will be mad at you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LB

I so want to put up a Christmas tree again. But my fears about getting DFed and screwing up a relationship with my son keeps me from doing that.
    Excuses, excuses! That sounds sooooooooo self-sacrificing. So what you're saying is that for the sake of preserving an intimate relationship you will live a lie ... parading yourself as a 'believer' (JW) though not being one. In my neck of the woods that's called a "hypocrite". A REAL man would make a stand, no matter the cost if that "stand" truly is the right one to take. I've never respected a wishy-washy person. Would your son truly look up to you if he knew what you were doing? Would he appreciate you living a lie for his sake and that of the relationship between the two of you? Do you think that Jehovah would lie in order to preserve the relationship between himself and Jesus?

How about Mordecai, why didn't he just go ahead and bow to the Amalekite Haman? Afterall, his not doing so placed the lives of every one of his fellow Jews at risk ... men, women, and CHILDREN. Rather than hiding the fact, Mordecai fearlessly revealed that he was a "Jew" when asked by the kings servants "Why are you sidestepping the king's commandment?" -- Esther 3:3, 4.

/Yadirf

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• LB
    LB

Hmm Yardif, sorry I don't measure up to your standards. Wow, how many years did you spend in a kingdom hall. Too many I'd say as you are just as judgemental as any car group. My son knows how I feel. I just don't want to make it difficult on him as he is an active witness. There is no lie there. No one at the kingdom hall considers me a witness as I haven't attended a meeting for 3 years. Would you respect me if I ran around in the parking lot holding up signs? That's as laughable to me as door to door.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Yadirf,
    Just like I said to You Know,

IT MUST SUCK TO BE YOU.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

Jeremy's Hate Mail Hall Of Fame.
    http://hometown.aol.com/onjehovahside/ and [email protected]

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

Friday,

I edited my Christmas tree picture and will have a real star on it soon. Satan will be very pleased. Make sure you tell him next time you check in at the hall.

Anne

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Oh My God that is funny! Pierced Angel you are a genius!

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

Jeremy's Hate Mail Hall Of Fame.
    http://hometown.aol.com/onjehovahside/ and [email protected]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit