Did you ever go in field service after realizing it was not the truth?

by Samuel Thorsen 46 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

When I was a kid I liked it..Got to be with my Dad..As I got older I didn`t want to go..That`s when Shit hit the Fan..I was free to do as I wanted,as long as I did what I was told..FS was not a matter of choice..You did it or else!..When I got out of my parents house I quit......Seeker4 is right..One of the great joys of leaving the WBT$ is No FS!!..LOL!!.........................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I had serious doubts after January 1, 1976.

But I couldnt figure out how to escape untill 1983, So I went out after I had doubts.

But only when corraled and cajoled by elders.

After 76, I stopped reaching out. I stopped giving talks and stopped being a ministerial servant.

I looked for any excuse I could find to miss meetings. Working 2nd shift. Riding motorcycles with my brother.

I realized I was trapped in something that I and nobodyelse who was trapped with me knew anything about.

Some people talked like they knew but they were just your garden variety full of shxt bullshxters that you find in every crowd.

I was in the middle of a parade of blind men being led by blind men at least on the level I was on in Cleveland back in the 70's

In my mind most of the leaders believed back in the 70's. They were hoping for a better world and doing the best they could with faulty information.

We were all trapped in the matrix with the evil Gods sucking the life out of us. Hoping we could impress the warrior, genocidal, jealous, manic depressive god Jehovah.

• zagor
    zagor

No I think I stopped way sooner, purely because I felt sick doing because of everything else going on in the background, something was screaming in me to stop. But it was only few years later that enormity of their deception really caught up with me. By then I was already out in every way.

For one thing though that experience enabled me to talk to people of any pervasion or opinion with no reservations, which was really useful later particularly in business. So all in all, I’d say I only learned from the experience. I don’t 'regret' it as such. I guess you could say you get that something in you, called “being able to sell ice to Eskimos” lol
    So it really depends on individual what impact it can have on you.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JaguarBass..Thats funny!..Serious doubts after Jan.1 1976..Only a "Dub would get that Joke!!..LOL!!....................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• misguided
    misguided

I quite honestly cannot remember my last day in field service...although I think it was round about the year 1999/2000.

I feel embarrassed now to think that I spent 35 (well, maybe 30...some I was just an infant) years of my life preaching a lie. I feel horrible for having dragged my children out in FS and subjecting them to it. I'm glad I never brought anyone into it.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/45088/1.ashx

From when I joined this forum. January 22, 2003. Before the fake war.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Did you ever go in field service after realizing it was not the truth?

I had already faded (didn't know that is what it is called) and hadn't gone out in Field Service for over a year when I realised it was not the truth.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Good topic. Thanks for starting it.

Near the end of my Witness experience I decided I'd quit turning in time reports to the Corporation, that I'd just do door to door direct sales ("service") for God. I went in sales work ("service") for months with the groups every weekend without turning in a paper sales report. After a few months I realized I hadn't ever been doing direct sales ("service") for God, I'd always only been doing it for the paper report to please the Corporation.

The servants would call me and ask if I had any time to turn in for the month because they knew I'd been out with the groups every weekend and I'd say "no". I'm pretty sure they were filling in a time card for me. After a while they quit calling. It was easy to quit selling ("service"), because I already hadn't turned in a sales activity report paper for months.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The last field circus I did was at the end of June 2005. I did it just so I would not be hounded, having put in a couple of separate slips for different months prior. It was not genuine--I put in two hours of being driven on calls, and placed nothing. And that was the last time I went out in field circus.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Great question!

I was still going out when I began to have doubts that we had the truth. I can remember the last house I ever called on because it was really the beginning of the end for me as a JW.

I had already handed out most of my WT's for the day because sometimes I wouldn't pair them up with the Awakes just so that I could do more doors out in service. Also, I usually let the kids place the Awakes.

Anyway, we had an awake about "grooming your pets" and I was thinking about how to place this if the householder did not have any animals while going up the stairs to the front door, when I heard music and singing in a foreign language coming out of the home. The door was partially open and I could see a bunch of people, young and old sitting around holding what looked liked Bibles in their hands.

Just then the householder came to the door. She was a young Haitian lady and told me they were having church at that moment. She then asked me if I was a JW? I said yes. And then apparently knowing we go door to door told me she also went out to talk with people about the Bible and preach door to door with her church.

So I asked her "what is it exactly that you preach?", thinking this could open up a conversation.

She told me "That Jesus Christ is LORD!".

Now, here I am preaching about how to groom your pets and this lady had the real message we should be preaching. I felt too embarresed to bring up the magazine as I realized it was so trivial and had nothing to do with God or Christ. This is the exact moment the light bulb went off in my head and I knew I could no longer be a JW because all my doubts were solidified.

So I thanked the lady for her time and told her to keep up the work in telling people about Christ and I never went to another door again. Within 2 weeks, I wrote my DA letter. Peace, Lilly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit