Did you ever go in field service after realizing it was not the truth?

by Samuel Thorsen 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

Q: "what is it exactly that you preach?"

A: Now, here I am preaching about how to groom your pets

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaah

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Once I realized how things really were I could not in good conscience got o people's doors and tell them to come and fing the true brotherhood of Christians at the kh. I stopped once I had serious doubts.

• sacolton
    sacolton

That was great, Lilly! Grooming pets ... the way to salvation!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I still go, as little as possible.

My presentation is so crap that if anyone started listening I would assume they were an apostate looking for an angle to catch me out.

• IHaveADream
    IHaveADream

Yes, once I heard during my study I had to do this I literally freaked out!!!! So from day one I new that I was just making everything up at the door.

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

I barely went out when I was in - despised it; And I think the last time I was out actually ringing doorbells was 6 months or so before I joined JWD. The hardest part is not getting roped back into it by family and well-meaning hounders - I mean elders....

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

yeah sac,

It was one of those moments that makes you go hmmmmmmmmm???

I knew something was wrong because we were supposed to be out there to save people lives and yet our message was so weak. How many WT peddlers did we know who went to the doors and just said "I am giving out the latest magazines?". Do JW's really think they are responsible for the world's salvation?

All my doubts culminated at once and I knew I had to get out of that life. I'm very grateful the big lightbulb went off that day. Lilly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit