Drum Solo video is live

by LDH 15 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

Hey guys,

For those of you that I promised, I finally got it uploaded.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2619542066568671737

Some here know my daughter is in Japan....in a "Broadway Show" (only it ain't Broadway LOL)

I was able to catch some video at the last rehearsal we saw....Unfortunately there was no staging or anything because everything had already been shipped over there....and I don't like the acoustics cause it's not a theatre they last rehearsed in....but you get the idea.

and NO! I am not old LOL. Not even 40.

Most of the performers are in their late 20's so for my daughter to get chosen (she's in her late teens) was quite an honor.

The clip is less than 2 minutes, but the last 20 seconds the tempo changes really allow her to play like a maniac....her hands are moving so fast it's hard to follow.

Let me know if you like it!

I can't tell you the name of the show cause then it might be a copyright infringement.

• joebin
    joebin

Pretty impressive, you must be proud of her for sure.

• knock knock
    knock knock

Yep, pretty cool! It is too bad the room was so ringy. I liked all the quads at the end and she even got in a twirl. Very nicely done.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Cool! You should be very proud of her!

I know that my daughter learned the drums (self-taught). I remember her coming to me and telling me about a drumset that she wanted. She told me how much it cost (over $300). I told her that if she could come up with half - I'd put-in the other half.

Well... a couple of days later, she came back to me and told me that she had her half. (gulp!) So... I had to hold up my end of the bargain, and she got her first 5-piece drumset. For the next few weeks and months, she quietly practiced her drums in her room. Occassionally, she would have friends over, and they would 'bang' on her drums. (I could always tell when she was playing). Her friends even admitted to her that she was much better than this fella they all knew who thought that he was a cool drummer.

Anyway... I don't have any videos of her playing... wish that I did.

Regards,

Jim TX

• purplesofa
  • Quandry
    Quandry

Wow!!! And what an experience for her to go to Japan-that is way cool. Aren't you glad she's not studying the latest generation change at the Khall?

• Dagney
    Dagney

Oh Lordy! She's awesome!

Congratulations on your daughter's talent. She's going to have a lot of fun with it!

• LDH
    LDH

Knock.

The room was very boomy....Their other rehearsal facility fell through (theatre) and everyone 42 ladies (plus support staff) was already in palm Springs....not really a whole lot of options...the Convention Center is where they ended up. Luckily the caliber of musicians they have knew that and so just played what they were supposed to. Just got a Skype call from her this morning--they've just put the finishing touches on it during "Tokyo Technical Week" with theatre lighting, uniforms, makeup etc. She said it looks great.

Jim--when she wanted a drum set 7 years ago, we laughed. And bought her a practice pad and some sticks. We thought it was a passing phase. What we found out from her instructors (she has one who teaches her set and one who teaches her snare marching) was that girls can be much better drummers than boys because boys try to muscle through things and girls tend to be technically more precise. Well needless to say we are in way for way more than we bargained for. Not sure how old your daughter is now, but ONE double bass pedal (chain driven, she plays with left foot) was almost $300.

Quandry, watching all of her practice time used to make me physically ill when I thought about the things I was 'practicing' at her age. Magazine sales.

Dagney, it's been her dream since she was 5 to be a rock star in Japan. All I can say is run for your lives, little Japanese boys.

Here's the snare feature....all girls on drums. She's the only one that plays set and snare and bass.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=889126308077959477

• still-fading
    still-fading

Sweet LDH!!! And take it from a RUSH fan. I heard a couple Neil Peart rolls in there! Well done!

• LDH
    LDH

If you like jazz horns, here is the horns feature....my daughter is back on kit but she's just 'backing sound' --no feature...but these horn girls are amazing!

Even in that sucky room you cna hear how good they are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit