Now the WT Society is Telling Witnesses- Don't Worry too Much About Health

by flipper 30 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Three thoughts on this.

1. Remember the letter from the JW in an African Branch Office saying they were having to leave because of financial reasons, one of which was that the Christian charity group that provided their free health care was no longer able to afford to do so? And all of the topics, including current ones, on people being booted out of Bethel because the WTS doesn't want to pay for their healthcare as they age? Maybe this is the WTS way of preparing/brainwashing people who have devoted their lives to full-time service to not expect any health care, thus heading off future lawsuits through mind control.

2. Maybe the WTS is concerned about all of the "friends" at the KH who are selling various Noni Juices, etc., to improve health. In these hard financial times, if people are buying Noni Juice, they may be putting less in the contribution box.

3. Maybe the WTS sees the handwriting on the wall and knows they are going down. They'd like for as many current Dubs as possible to kick the bucket so they can get whatever money is left to the WTS in those wills. And they can hold out the caveat that if a cancer victim dies on someone's doorstep out in field service, they'll be memorialized forever on the cover of a WT magazine.

I like StAnn's 3 thoughts. I have a 4th that might be more important to them.
    This is a new way to keep convincing the flock that the end is soooooooo near.
    They tried date-setting. They tried "the length of a generation." They let the nearness
    seem not-so-near and they are not doing so well. They need urgentness in the members.

Adding to No. 1 above, they also want the dubs families not to sue over the blood issue or
    early death of former Bethelites because their healthcare was cancelled. Get them thinking
    right on the matter before it's a big problem.

• gumby
    gumby

That's right....let THEM tell you whats good for you, like this little tidbit

*** The Golden Age, Nov. 12, 1929, p. 107 ***

If the organs [of your body] are diseased, heal them by correcting your diet. Avoid the use of aluminum cooking utensils and alum baking powders as they are injurious to your health, poisoning your blood stream... Sleep on the right side or flat on your back, with the head toward the north so as to get benefit of the earth's magnetic currents. Avoid serum inoculations as they pollute the blood stream with their filthy pus.... Stop chewing gum, as you need the saliva for your food.

Watchtower Jan 15 1912 (reprints p.4963) ***

It is known that only about three out of every one hundred operated upon for appendicitis really have a diseased appendix needing removal. We give below a simple cure for appendicitis symptoms. The pain in the appendix region is caused by the biting of worms near the junction of the transverse colon with the small intestines, low down on the right side of the abdomen. This remedy is recommended also for typhoid fever, which is also a worm disease. The medicine is Santonine dose, 3 grains, an hour before breakfast; repeated for four mornings, or until all the symptoms disappear. Then one dose per month for three months to eradicate all germs. This recipe is of INCALCULABLE VALUE. Not only will it save the surgeon's and hospital fees of perhaps $200, but it saves weeks of ill health, inconvenience, convalescence and loss of salary.

***Watchtower 1913 July 1 p. 200 A Cure for Surface Cancer ***

... We have recently learned of a very effective and simple remedy for cancers which show themselves on the surface of the body. We are informed that a physician, after testing this remedy, paid $1000 for the information, and that he has established a Cancer Hospital which is doing good work. The recipe has come to us free and we are willing to communicate the formula, but only to those who are troubled with surface cancers and who will write to us directly, stating particulars. No fee will be charge, but in order to protect the sufferers, we require a promise that they will not sell the formula to others, nor receive pay for the use of it, nor communicate the formula to anybody. Any one known to be a sufferer can be informed of the terms on which the prescription is obtainable through us.

Dr. Gumby

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

I was told not to worry so much about my health all those years I was a JW...maybe that has something to do with how crappy my health is now. It could also be a plot to get JW's to not invest in health insurance so they can have more money for "The Lords Work". Arghhhhhhhhh...I am very rusty at this posting stuff. cheers...the mums

• flipper
    flipper

BLONDIE- Thanks for posting the articles from the 2006 magazine. And the discussion of the " water witching " treatment ! Too funny . I swear - I think the witnesses think that every little thing that occurs outside a kingdom hall is from Satan and his beloved demons ! They are so superstitious !

JUST HUMAN- You are correct my brother ! The witnesses are tightening the noose of mind control on the witnesses and becoming more extreme in controlling every aspect of the JW's life ! It's really sad and disgusting.

MARY- Thanks for posting the article ! I appreciate it . That poor lady in the wheelchair - I just want to run up to the door and wheel her away to the street away from the clutches of the horrid " field ministry " !

SIR 82- I didn't know you had started a thread on this subject as well on JWD. Thanks for doing it - the more info the better !

HONESTY- I didn't know a member of the " Talking Heads " rock group is in the writing department ! It must have been David Byrne- he's the lead singer ! LOL!

LONG HAIR GAL- I agree, I think they just want to put more butts into the kingdom hall seats ! And keep members there to continue donating. No members = no donations !

WT WIZARD- I hear you . I'd rather drink goji juice also than contribute to their " worldwide pedophile defense fund " . I recommend healthy stuff like eating salmon and salads a lot. You know, safe stuff like that !

OTWO- I like St. Ann's thoughts also . I felt they were very insightful. You make a good point in saying they are trying to convince these people the end is near . So like - " Don't worry about your health , we're almost to the paradise ! " And I do believe they are concerned about people suing over the blood issue and the health care cancellations also !

GUMBY- Those old WT articles you posted were hilarious ! Thanks for posting them ! LOL! " Stop chewing gum as you need the saliva for your food ? " Too much ! " Pain in the appendix region is caused by the biting of worms " ? Jesus Christ. Who are these people ? Dr. Watchtower, right ?

HADENUF- Mums- Good post ! I think you are right- they just want to keep JW's there to extort the money out of them

• searcher
    searcher
    Therefore, we know it is wise to avoid letting our health become an obsession or a constant concern.

Phew!

Glad to hear this, means it it ok to smoke, right?

• StAnn
    StAnn

LOL at Searcher!

StAnn

• 1914BS
    1914BS

flipper you forgot masturbation which I know is one of your best subjects. I had early experiences with the shower massage by water prick

• mary stewart
    mary stewart

"we all remember that some of the most zealous witnesses also have the most wacky ideas on health care. From carrot diets, to magnet treatments for cancer, to multi level marketing scams to sell you one form of snake oil or another." i remember some oldster inmy old cong that tried to get us to buy these weird vitamins or tofu stuff (can't remember what it was exactly) but we never took em. hehe! to that rings true.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I think everyone here has touched on the salient point that it is the emotional and psychological pressure that that the society bring to bear that is unjustifiable.

However, there is a point that we shouldn't miss and that is that people of religious faith do appear to be better equipped when it comes to facing illness and it associated physical and emotional pain. I have know some witnesses who despite being very poorly were amazing optimistic and strong despite their illness. I would say good on them.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

My thoughts:

#1) The JWs are getting older. As they get older, it is harder to go out in service in the weather extremes. The Watchtower fears that the old JWs will begin to use their ailments as a reason to decrease service hours. This article is meant to admonish that.

#2) The Watchtower does not give loans or pay for alternative blood treatment. This article contains language to not go beyond one's means in getting healthcare (aka the Watchtower ain't paying).

#) Many JWs have crazy medical theories. Remember the Ireland case with the woman from Africa who demanded "Coke and Tomatoes" to cure her? Also, I think there is alot of complaints about JWs who try to fleece other JWs to buy in to "eye readers", herbs, and vitamins. I've seen my parents spend into the thousands on these inter-JW schemes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit