Is The WT Society Getting Financially Desperate ? Nov.15th WT Your Take ?

by flipper 44 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

As most of us know on the board - awhile back the Watchtower society printed a brochure called : "Charitable Planning to Benefit Kingdom Service Worldwide." It was written to provide info to witnesses on a variety of ways that gifts may be made to the society presently or at death.

I have a lurking witness friend on the board who sent me the Nov. 15th Watchtower and it has an article entitled, " Ways in Which Some Choose to Give ". I find it the epitome of disrespect to see the WT society putting this detailed information out requesting funds in different ways from it's members ; especially since the economy is in a recession, tetering possibly into a depression towards the end of the year. Don't these greedy money grabbing WT higher ups know their own rank and file members are getting bled dry by the awful economy ? My take is they do know, and they don't care. Check out some of these detailed ways the society wants people to donate :

1. Insurance - " Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania may be named as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy or a retirement/pension plan.

2. Bank Accounts - " Bank accounts, certificate of deposit, or individual retirement accounts may be placed in trust for or made payable on death to Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, in accord with local bank requirements. "

3. Stocks and Bonds - " Stocks and bonds may be donated to WTBS of Pennsylvania as an outright gift. "

4. Real Estate - " Salable real estate may be donated either by making an outright gift or, in the case of residential property, by reserving a life estate to the donor, who can continue to live therein during his or her lifetime. Contact the branch office in your country before deeding any real estate ".

5. Wills and Trusts - " Property or money may be bequeathed to the WTBTS of Pennsylvania by means of a legally executed will, or WTBTS of Pennsylvania may be named as beneficiary of a trust agreement. A trust benefiting a religious organization may provide certain tax benefits."

So this information really annoyed Mrs. Flipper and I because it shows the greediness and arrogance the WT society has trying to drain resources from it's members to just stay afloat. Whatever happened to the " good old days " when Russell made the statement years ago that , " if we had to beg materially or petition people for money to keep advancing the preaching work then we know God's spirit is not with us"? I remember being told that as a youth growing up in the organization. Well, look at the society now - and what they are doing . By printing this in the " witness only " Watchtower they make sure that all rank and file members will see it, and perhaps feel " guilted " into donating their life savings, wills, real estate, stocks , or whatever else the society can weasel out of them. One paragraph even said, " Jewelry or other valuables may be donated as well. " It just sickens me.

So - What do you folks think of this ? Is the WT society finally getting more and more desperate to weasel out more and more from the rank and file members ? How far do you think they will go in guilting people into donating ? Do you think the society knows more lawsuits of child abuse may be coming down the turnpike in the organizations future ? Give me your takes , I'm interested to hear what you have heard or know, or your opinions ! Peace out to all, Mr. Flipper

• blondie
    blondie

For over 20 years, the WTS has had this type of article either in November or December.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

They have this type of article every year around this time, just in time to take advantage of Christmas bonuses and the like...

Nothing new under the sun.

A@G

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

yes nothing new

• dinah
    dinah

It's deplorable. If they need money, let them sell some of the most expensive real estate in the United States.

What other proof would anyone need that the WT is just a greedy publishing corporation?

• flipper
    flipper

BLONDIE- Well, then they have been greedier for far longer than I was aware of then . Jeez.

AWAKENED in GILEAD- So, they've always done this ? Even printed it in the Watchtower as well ? I guess I wasn't paying attention when I was a witness then. No wonder I left. LOL! They aren't gettin' a penny of my money ! Greedy grabbers

• flipper
    flipper

STILLAJWEXELDER- So they've done this since time began it sounds like.

DINAH- I agree- I think it's deplorable and immoral ! People work their a$$e$ off for life and these greedmongers come and want donated wills, estates, life insurance policies, etc .? They should go beg on the streets of Brooklyn I say- that's where they belong- out on the street with nowhere to go- like the governing body does to it's Bethel members. Let's see how Jaracz or the other wacko GB members would handle that ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

1. Insurance

2. Bank Accounts

3. Stocks and Bonds

4. Real Estate

5. Wills and Trusts

6. Guilt- Telling the members about the "deficit" at the assembly or convention.

7. Guilt- acknowledging and thanking the congregation by letter for the $47.50 received last month,
    then having the C.O. or Congregation Coordinator remind the friends that they get 4000 mags a month
    and at $ 0.25 per copy, it used to cost $1000 for those mags, let alone the books and brochures being
    used up.

8. Guilt- Reading letters about terrible disasters and asking the members who want to donate to just send
    more money to the regular worldwide funds without earmarking it for the disaster. "We know what the flock
    needs. Just send us more money. Do it."

• dawg
    dawg

This organization robs people of achieving all they can in life, it takes their souls by making thinking humans robots to a cause, it destroys families, it makes poeple not have as good of sex lives as they may have without their influence... and then when they die, it takes the money...

What will it take for some of you to see, these people are enemies? Save yourselves and your families by taking an open stand against these abhorrent people...damned bastards!

• sir82
    sir82

It's always in a November WT to remind the JWs to contribute, to beat the end of year for tax deductions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit