11/15/08 WT: Sick? Too damn bad - get yer @$$ back to the KH, slacker!

by sir82 35 Replies latest jw friends

• VM44
    VM44

Why does the article give no examples of what an "uncanny" diagnostic procedure?

Without an example many will not know what the article is talking about.

• sir82
    sir82

Why does the article give no examples of what an "uncanny" diagnostic procedure?

Without an example many will not know what the article is talking about.

Sounds like the legal dept. had its way again.

I'll bet you a buffalo nickel that the original draft of this article mentioned a half-dozen or so "questionable" treatments by name, or at the very least unmistakably described them, but legal wouldn't allow it.

As written, the article is quite meaningless...who's gonna decide if a particular treatment is "uncanny" or merely "not fully understood"? It's just going to lead to arguments and controversy, and hundreds if not thousands of letters to the Society asking "Can I do kinesiology? Can I do muscle testing"? Can I do iridology? Can I do acupuncture? Can I do reikei (sp)? Can I do..."

Heh. I'll bet the Service and/or Writing Dept., thinking of all the time they'll have to waste responding to all these letters, is plenty PO'd at legal for taking the teeth out of this article.

• sir82
    sir82

Re: my previous comment on the legal dept.:

On this thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/166466/1.ashx

...Blondie posted a similar article from 14 years ago: *** w94 12/15 pp. 19-22 A Health Test for You? ***

I won't repost it here, it is quite lengthy. but it goes into far far more detail on kinesiology and muscle testing. In their standard mealy-mouthed, wishy-washy way, they come out as pretty much against it, comparing it to ancient Babylonian (i.e. "pagan") practices.

So, 14 years ago, they had no problem identifying and describing in detail treatments that a "true Christian" would "wisely avoid". Now it's all a bunch of meandering generalities that say not much of anything.

So what has happened in the 14 intervening years? Lawsuits and threats of lawsuits. The increased prominence of the legal department.

What a bunch of wankers. Hey, I thought "no weapon formed against you will succeed"? Apprarently though, some weapons can water down the "life giving waters of truth".

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They might bash certain treatment options. True, some of the ones I have run into are questionable. I am talking the ones that are based on the Church of Scientology. But I am willing to accept other methods from those same sources if I can research them using independent sources and find out that they are largely or wholly sound. Meaning, while I will not participate in the Gentle Wind project because it does not work (and it comes from Scientology) or Dianetics (the same problem), I will accept cutting down or out on high fructose corn syrup, Aspartame, and monosodium glutamate because those can be verified.

Which cannot be said about the "miracle(??)" wheat, which was a blatant scam intended to enrich the Washtowel Slaveholdery. They actually sold the crap, and it could not be verified using independent sources. And that illustrates another big reason why I recommend verifying any remedies with independent sources before you try it or dismiss it.

• anewme
    anewme

I remember when I was in, that individuals who keeled over and died right out in Field Service were highly praised and regarded for their faith. "Faithful to the end he was!" they would say while they wiped a nostalgic tear. So that was the goal we were to strive for, to die right in our seats.

They are all of them BONKERS!

Anewme

• minimus
    minimus

In the 80s, iridology was the big thing. The whole Hall was going to iridology sessions and having their "eyes read". I wrote a letter to the Society questioning whether this might be "uncanny diagnostic procedure". They refused to acknowledge the specifis concerning iridology. So.....it wasn't condemned.

The Society prefers insinuation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit