11/15/08 WT: Sick? Too damn bad - get yer @$$ back to the KH, slacker!

by sir82 35 Replies latest jw friends

• dozy
    dozy

The problem for the WTS is that the most enthusiastic promoters of quackery are usually Bethelites and COs. Bad health is almost a hobby for many of them (sometimes the only one they had).

• Mary
    Mary

When I first read the article, I figured they were talking about Psychologists, but after reading it again I'm thinking there must be a major problem with JW's accepting blood transfusions. My doctor told me before my surgery that in her experience, about 50% of Witnesses will cave and accept a transfusion (usually for their children) when the alternative is death. I guess word is getting back to Big Brother about this.

I'm also thinking that there must be alot of JW's using Reiki which is

"....is like a big, clear, powerful river of energy nourishing your personal river of energy. This added energy allows your body and energy to come into balance in its' own time and in its' own way, enhancing the body's natural healing process. Your energy is being "added to," not manipulated or "moved around" by a practitioner."

I tried it once, but it did absolutely nothing for me and I actually thought it was a crock. However, at that point, I was desperate and was willing to try anything and everything. Something tells me I'm not the only Witness who's tried it.

• VM44
    VM44

I noticed that Paul is mentioned more in this article than Jesus is.

• sir82
    sir82
    I noticed that Paul is mentioned more in this article than Jesus is.

In the JW religion, Jesus is little more than the "area code" ("in Jesus name") to get your prayers heard by Jehovah.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

I think they pretty well HAVE to write articles like this one, because the only ones actually IN the seats are the elderly, now with the baby boomer generation approaching their mid-fifties, early sixties. So this article pretty well applies to 75% of attendees. Expect more and more of this drivel in the coming years....

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

that was truly one of the strangest articles I have read to date

• sacolton
    sacolton

True story:

I wear hearing aids and before our group went out on service it started to rain and I told the elder that I couldn't walk in the rain because my aids will get ruined. Know what he said? "Well, at least you got an EXCUSE!" What a jerk!

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

lol... Another true story.. Because of my hypertension, my doctor recommended regular exercise ( as any good doctor would). On the way out of my local health club, I ran into 2 sisters from my hall, working the parking lot. One of them said to me, "While you were in there building yourself up physically, we were out here building people up spiritually!"

• minimus
    minimus

Is iridology ok?

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

When I read the part about practices that were "uncanny?", I thought they were talking about muscle strength testing. That is where you push on down on an outstretched arm. You do it when they have a certain medicine in the other hand, and then nothing. If they loose strength when they are holding the medicine or whatever, then it is bad for you. I you are stronger, then it's good for you. It's bogus in my opinion, but I don't see the harm, I guess they think it's some kind of voddoo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit