Advice please - phone service

by Dagney 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Maybe Rogers is screwing with VOIP.

I wondered about that too. It was around the same time they were indroducing their own home phone service.

W

• free2beme
    free2beme

I work for a phone company and I can tell you this.

Phone Companies are hurting right now and need you business. So they are making some good offers. Unlike Cable Companies, their offers are often permanent prices and not those intro offers the cable companies love so much. Plus, if you live in an area that has storms or power issues, and you want to make sure that line is always up. The phone company power supply is different and often it is up days or weeks before cable. Here is the downfall though, phone companies are killing themselves with taxes and surcharges (as you will see on that final page of the bill). Ask you phone company for a save offer and see what happens, most likely they will meet or beat the cable offer. I will tell you though, DISH SUCKS!, and yet many phone companies have partnered with them out of a competitive necessity. DSL is a better product though, more constant speed and not the share network. Just do not fall in the cable mess of price changes monthly, you will quickly come back to the phone company ... oh and one last thought, Vonage is by far the worst company in communications on the face of the planet! If you most go with a VOIP, do not choose that one ... or you will learn there really is a HELL.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Just an FYI

If it is not coming through a traditional landline ... it is a VOIP!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit